Saturday, July 19, 2008

There is an Explanation...

...for an angel baby to stop sleeping through the night (it hurts to lose sleep all over again).

...for a big boy to all of the sudden need to eat (nurse) much more frequent, day and night.

...for the drool in excessive amounts.

...for the wet shirts and slobbery hands.

Reed cut his first tooth!

At least I'm not going crazy anymore wondering where in the world my good baby went. I looked in his mouth a couple weeks ago just wondering if there was any way it could be his teeth that were bothering him. I thought no way because both of the other boys were 10-10 1/2 months before getting their first tooth. Reed's gums weren't swollen at all and I never thought about it again. Until yesterday. I looked and all of the sudden without swollen gums or any other tell-tale sign except his mood, he has his first tooth. But man, today he has been cranky with a hoarse voice and a runny nose. His teeth grow fast I guess. In fact if Kat's don't hurry up, he might fill his mouth before her, ha! And with another milestone, Reed proves he is his kind of little man. He comes two weeks early and gets his teeth a week before he turns 7 months. Please don't tell me that means he'll walk or talk early too. Slow this baby down!

14 comments:

donna said...

wow his first tooth. Reed is such a big BOY:)

It was so hard for me to see Mr Ian grow up fast.. I wanted him to stay a baby forever..

Shaila Lou said...

Way to go Reed! So sad for mommy! I can't believe how fast they grow. I'm glad you know the source of all the crankiness!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Can't wait to see the new tooth. 4 more days and counting! Bring all the little rug rats to the airport. I'll buy treats! Pasco, 5:50PM

steve and lisa said...

Melanie
Your little boy Dane is so cute - I was telling your husband that he passed us in the hallway at church & said "if you see a really bald guy - that is my DAD!" to his friend. We were all laughing at his cuteness! Your husband was telling us about his comment during the sacrament! What a cutie!
Your little boys remind me so much of Trent & Trevor! Oh - they grow up so fast! Sit back & savor the moments - they will be teenagers soon!!! Lisa

Heidi said...

I'm glad you found the source for all that "nonsense" behavior. :)

He better not start biting when you nurse him! ouch!

becca said...

He is so dang cute!! My girls didn't teeth until almost a year...but so far Brody has done everything earlier than them and I am expecting a tooth to be no exception!

Korbi said...

a tooth, you're kidding? holy crap, 7 months. really, where has the time gone?

Jill said...

Poor baby, both you and Reed! I think it's so unfair that teething hurts so much.

Amie said...

I love when there is a reason for things... especially when you are wondering what happened to your sweet kids.

Natasha said...

He is such a beautiful baby, tooth cutting and all!

Melinda said...

I can't beleive he is old enough to be cutting teeth! Oh, hope he is doing well.

jenny said...

It's so fun to "see" him grow up via photos. I am sure it has sped by for you, it has for me too! I always had that happen to me with my kids I never knew they were cutting teeth until afterwards. I always felt so bad.

steve and lisa said...

Thanks for the website for the grid. He has the neatest pictures & I LOVED his grid idea. I know you will go into shock, but I don't have a costco card! And I have only been in there once. Don't fall out of your chair! We were Sam's club members - but they don't have any of those up here.
I love the 12x12 printing idea, & Steve is currently looking for a 12x12 printer for a birthday present. Your grid was adorable & I am hoping to achieve a small itty bitty part of your cute grid! Lisa

michelle said...

I love it when there is an explanation for these things! I think with each baby you want to slow them down even more -- you know how fast it went with the others. Hold on to babyhood!