Last night the missionaries stopped by because the appointment they had stood them up. They are always so willing to give a little lesson or play a little game with the kids. And the kids eat it up. I'm glad because I think it's great for them to see their examples in our home. Last night they gave a short little blip and played a game about choosing the right and making good choices. Such a great topic coming from someone else because I'm driving this one home on a daily basis. One of the elders asks way to help us choose the right. The kids answer pray, go to church. The usuals. Then one elder asks if the kids should clean their room when they are asked. Nathan says yes and then lovingly, throws us under the bus! He points to Milo and I and says, 'They really need to clean their room.' I wanted to die!! He goes on to say that we have a suitcase (not put away from our Vegas trip and no I'm not proud of that) and bags of garbage (it's one bag and it's not garbage, it's for goodwill. not proud of that either) all over the floor. He kept saying it because of the reaction on my face I'm sure. I was SO embarrassed. Why do kids have to be so honest about thing you don't want shared?! The missionaries were kind and said 'Oh kids tell us stuff all the time. Like when one guy says he is done smoking and the 4 yr old brings him his pack of cigarettes from the other room. Kids never lie to the missionaries.' I guess I can be thankful it wasn't cigarettes?
Reed turned 7 months yesterday (I took this a few minutes ago, isn't he just precious?). His first year is starting to go faster and faster, it's almost over. In fact once we make it though the next 3 weeks it's school starting, soccer season, Halloween, Thanksgiving, then Christmas. Oh and all 6(!) of our birthdays in those 4 months. We're coming up on crazy season.His stats at 7 months, as he got 3 shots yesterday, 21.5 lbs & 30 inches long. Over the 90% in weight and off the charts for height. I'm wondering if she measured him right but he is pretty long. I know most babies even out and he's at the age of slowing his growth but so far, he's our biggest one. He is sitting up now. Balancing that long body was no easy task.
He is ticklish and giggles the cutest sound. He reaches for me and I love the sweet happy look on his face when he wants me to pick him up. He's been a little sick cutting these teeth and it's been sad to hear him with a hoarse, raspy voice. Yesterday I went to check on him because he'd been taking a long nap and he was crying really hard. Only I couldn't hear him because it was a hoarse, whisper cry. I felt so bad!
Speaking of swimming lessons, we are done for the summer. Hallelujah!
My mom is getting here tomorrow. It goes like this every year. We go 5 months without seeing her and then after being at her house, here she is again just 3 weeks later. We love to have her visit and the kids go crazy waking up with her everyday. As of now we don't have lots planned (that shouldn't be too surprising, we will be toting 4 kids with us everywhere we go) and that's the way we like it. Kyle and Heidi will take custody of 'The Nanny' in a couple weeks. We like to share the Grandma that works, ha! We do have plans to try and get some family photos with all of us in it. And takers on pushing the button for us?
I had something else to add here but now that everyone is finished with their 'quiet time', I've lost whatever it was I was planning to write. Maybe it will come back to me later, ha! (I highly doubt it)
17 comments:
Oh gee, Melanie, you're right, kids can be so embarrassing. But somehow when you mortify them when they're teens/adults they don't think ANYTHING they could have done to you was as bad. They are so dead wrong.
I love your couch. I don't care what era it is, I love how it makes your living room feel.
Hooray for Reed figuring out how to keep that body from toppling over.
Hilarious story! Nathan just eats up attention...I wonder where he gets that from.
I can't believe Reed is 7 months. Where has all this time gone? I love the toe sucking. Not enough flexibility around this house for that!
Too bad I won't be there to help with the pictures. I would love to be behind the camera for you all!!
OK it was me who deleted my comment because I couldn't edit it and I had a misspelled word! Hate that! So here is what I said:
Tomorrow, Pasco, 5:50PM! As soon as I get done with my perfect post I will pack all the beanie babies: chicken, flamingo, lamb, ape, monkey, mama frog, baby frog, spider!!! I'm just hoping I have enough room for the darling outfit I plan on wearing for the Farley Family picture!! Do the Farleys know we are taking their picture?I'm glad you have my days planned because I don't want to think about that today, I'll think about it tomorrow!!! See ya real soon!
That picture of Reed sitting on the floor is so cute. He smiles with his whole face.
Have a great time with your working Grandma!
Yes, we are very excited for the "nanny" to come to our house. :) We have lots of plans for her. Hee hee.
That story Nathan told is HILARIOUS and would be embarrassing! Oh well... Cute pictures of Reed. I can't believe how ginormous he is! I love his rolls, very pinchable cute.
Oh, don't be embarrassed by the stories the children told the missionaries. Really, they do hear a LOT worse, and I've heard some of the things they've heard. Crazy.
Reed is such a cutie! I just want to pinch his cheeks!
Have fun with Grandma!
Even though I talk to you like 6 times a week, I still find out things by reading your blog! That story with the missionaries is hilarious. Ya, I would have died. The kids literally are so honest. And I had no idea that Reed could roll his tongue. Wow! He needs to teach Kyden, that is so cute! I'm impressed you got a picture fast enough!
Reed is so dang cute!! I love that he is thumb sucker (and that he sucks his toes...so cute!)
Ya for grandma coming, that will be so nice for you.
so funny!!! My children say things like that all the time:)
HAve fun with your MOM!!!!!!!! Oh and when you are in Pasco, yell out your car window " Hello DONNA" I may be able to hear you.......
Reed is so stinking cute he almost makes me want another baby. How about someone lets me hold theirs for a couple days...maybe thats all I need! Cute, cute, cute! Miss you guys!
Reed just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
The missionary story is funny, you gotta love honesty like that. At least it wasn't something totally humiliating!
LOL! I love it! I'm, right now, yelling at my kids to clean their room and you should look at mine. I don't believe in setting a good example apparently!
Those pictures of Reed are the cutest! I love the tongue out and foot in mouth!
SO funny about the missionaries and kids. I better prepare myself!
Jaxon is getting one of his top teeth in-he has his two bottom teeth, but this top teeth business has been harder for him, even though he's hurting he is still a really good baby! He was 19 pounds a couple mo. ago, and I alawys hear how he's sooooo big from everyone! I just wanna say I'd rather have a happy healthy baby than a sick one! I never knew how in love I'd be with him!
I just got put into primary, and the first week I brought Jaxon into class with me, and sat him on the ground, and he grabbed the legs of one of the chairs a little boy (who wasn't happy to be at church that day) was sitting in, and the little boy says to Jaxon "watch it spike!" (I always do his hair spikey)Jaxon just smiled at him! In just one class I heard so much from the kids-they really are too honest I think, but the other lady I teach with and I just laugh at the kids!
That story about the missionaries totally had me laughing! Love it!
I can't believe Reed is 7 months already. He is adorable!
I'm dying over you saying that Nathan threw you under the bus! Too funny.
That Reed is just a ball of cuteness, isn't he?
Post a Comment