- 33 is a very uneventful birthday. It seems to be an uncool year, ha.
- I have no idea how I got to be 33 so fast. Besides the old feeling body, I still feel like I'm 23.
- 33 yr olds used to seem old.
- Definitely not now.
- I have a very forgiving of my faults, forever family that I love more and more every day.
- I learn a lot from my kids. Some of it funny, some of it serious and most of it puts life in better perspective for me. How happy they are over small things and how much they can teach me the gospel. It's humbling.
- I mentioned it a few weeks ago but I've thought a lot about death this summer. Dealing with and thinking about another one just last week (that makes 5 since June, the 4th untimely). A 20 yr old young man I used to babysit. We are not in control. And again, I have much to work on. Starting now even feels late.
- I'm a project starter more than I'm a project finisher.
- It's not hard to make me laugh.
- One my favorite saying is 'All frustration comes from an unmet expectation.' Self help book quote....yes!
Well, this is how well I can finish my post for today, only 1/3 of the way through! I've had a screaming child for the last 2 hours. NO, not the 8 month old. THE 5 YEAR OLD!!! NO JOKE!! (I would insert photo but I'm afraid he would retaliate and break my camera!) All of this over a crunchy taco that I didn't buy at Taco Bell. Seriously, why does he have such intense emotions??
I might have time to finish my thoughts later but there is no guarantee on that one!!

24 comments:
HAPPY 33 b-day:) YOU look like you are 23 years old............
I hope your day gets better, sista friend........
A card is in the mail!
Happy Birthday! I totally agree that 33 is an uneventful year. I hope that yours proves to be more exciting than mine! Your family is beautiful and you look great, much younger than 33. Have a great day!
Happy 33rd, Melanie! I hope it's great.
I got a chuckle out of "33 USED to seem old." I hear ya!
Happy 33rd! I didn't realize we were the same age!
I've got a tantrum boy at my house too. His don't usually run on for 2 hours though. I hope your birthday ends on a happy note!
Happy Birthday young lady!! I hope this next year finds you healthy, happy and in a bigger house! Love you, Aunt Louise
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a good day, in spite of the headstrong, crying child!
Happy birthday Mel! Sure glad I have you married to my great big brother. You are a great friend and sister. I sure do love you!
Too funny about Daners! I'm sure not for you...but it's always funny when it's not your own child.
Happy Birthday Mel!!
Did I do you right on my blog?
I luv you, Mom
Happy birthday to you. (Imagine me singing this like Marilyn Monroe) All for you Melanie. :)
Happy Birthday!!! (even though it was a rough day with tantrums, tickets, doctors and all!) You are such a fun and fabulous sister-in-law. You have so many talents and I love you!
I am on the phone with you RIGHT NOW--Happy birthday dearest cousin!!
Dang too bad I wasn't the 11th commenter. Happy Birthday Melanie!! Hey 33 is pretty young in my book (since we share the same age) Hope you had a great day!
Happy happy Birthday Mel! You are amazing.
Aunt Louise, that might be the best birthday wish so far today. A bigger house indeed!!! You're great thanks for thinking of me.
Happy birthday Melanie! (a day late and a dollar short...)
33 used to seem old. Isn't that the truth? It really seems young now that I'm 37!
I love the way you said "starting now even feels late" -- I can totally relate to that. I'm also a much better starter than finisher, and I have some very intense children as well. I am very familiar with screaming tantrums. But how unfortunate that you had to deal with one on your birthday!
I'll be looking for the rest of your 33 thoughts!
Happy Birthday Cousin! Love and miss you!!!!
Happy b-day! Sorry I didn't get you called. I'll call you later though.
You are very appreciated by me! I love your giving heart and what you do for me and my family. I love that you laugh easily...especially at me when I don't feel like I'm that funny. You are an amazing person and I love you!!
I hope your crying child was able to calm down for your sake! Happy birthday! I hope it was a great day for you.
Happy Birthday Mel! I am a bad cousin for not calling...but I DID think of you! Hope it was a great day. Love you!!
Happy Birthday! I hope you got to do something fun for your birthday!! There is something with a 33 year old though-you are now a palendrome (who knows how to spell that!) for the year!!
I can totally relate to a lot of things on your list-every day I think of how much I need to do, and worry that it's not enough to be prepared! Did you ever check out that site I told ya about?
Your kids were SOOOOOOO adorable in gospel doctrine today! They did an amazing job - & so cute! Glad you had a great day after birthday! That is what I love about you - your wonderful sense of humor & positive outlook! Loved your unfinished list! Sums up life way to many times! Lisa
Happy Birthday! (Late again! I am pretty sure I missed you last year too... sorry!)
I hope the screaming came to an end and that you had a great day!!
What a funny post, Melanie. And what a handsome family portrait, too. I'm so glad you posted it with the bullets left wide open!
It's hard to describe how you feel at this age to someone who hasn't gotten there. How many times have I heard older people say they still feel like they're in their 20s and all I heard was they still want to be in their 20s.
I've been thinking a lot about death too. I heard a guy I knew from middle school (that I had a crush on) was in an accident a few years ago and died. I haven't been able to get over the fact that he's been dead for years and I didn't know.
Post a Comment