It's only Wed and my week has a feel to it of never ending. I have been so sick. Telling myself that I would get better after each day. All I needed to do was just 'push through it'. Not so much. Last night my mom said, 'You sound like you have strep. Get yourself to the doctor.' Duh! I hadn't even thought about that illness. I thought it was a bad cold and I was just achy, tired, feverish with the chills and the sweats, swollen glands and then one of the last symptoms was a sore throat (should have given me some sort of clue). Today after I dropped the big kids off for school, the younger two and I went to the walk in clinic. I'm thinking a quick visit, an Rx and we'd be on our way. Again, not so much. We had to wait, take a culture, there was more waiting, a diagnosis, a shot of penicillin, more waiting and finally we were on our way. Both the doctor and the nurse kept telling me that in 24 hours I would feel so much better. My magic time should be 11 am tomorrow. Oh I hope so, all this right before Halloween! For a girl that isn't a Halloween lover in the first place.
I've never had strep before and it is awful! I'm serious that I would rather give birth. At least after that there is a sweet baby to hold and not every single bone/muscle hurt to the very core. If I ever hear of someone with strep, the real strep like this, I will stay far, far away! I have no idea who gave this to me but really, we need to talk. :)
A huge thanks for my friend for bringing in dinner (this a busy mom with a full house and a busy husband too). Thanks to Marion for checking on me and helping with dinner and the kids the other night. A night we tried to take on pumpkins and homemade pizzas. Yeah, the cleaned out pumpkins are still waiting to be carved. I'm waiting on the magic 24 hours before we commit, ha! A big thanks to Milo for checking on me all day while he's at work, coming home early to cook dinner for the gang tonight and tomorrow he's taking Halloween party duties off my hand. That should be fun for him, a class full of 1st graders, ha ha! (he better take photos so I can blog about it) I love my family and friends.
And I hate strep. (be thankful I didn't use any Google images, they were really gross)
{11 am update.... I am feeling SO much better. Just a normal sick, not an 'I want to crawl in bed and not get out sick'. And I'm feeling better as the day goes on. I just have to say....now I LOVE penicillin, almost as much as I love my family.}
12 comments:
Get better, get better, get better! Strep is the worst. Ever. Except for the fact that they can give you medicine that will make it all better. (Oh and, I had to go search google images. And they were oh so very gross.)
And that is why I am glad I got my tonsils out. (I'm not sure I can get it again, but I had enough of getting sore throats every other month after finishing round and round of antibiotics!) I do hope you are feeling better by 11 tomorrow. :) That came on quick from the last time I talked to you.
Oh, Melanie poor you. I hope you get better soon keep drinking liquids and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in sooN!
I hope you are feeling better today! What a nice husband & friends! Every time the husband walks in the door & I hear his voice - instant relief! Nothing like it!! Get better quick for the holiday that I also love (not!)! Happy Halloween! Lisa
Trevor used to get strep all the time so we had his tonsils out. 6 months ago he got sick and was certain he had strep again. I said there was no way since he didn't have tonsils. Long story short. He was right. It is the most painful thing so I feel for you. Your whole body hurts...bad. But on a brighter note, after all those bouts of strep, we learned that the shot is the fastest way to get over it! Good luck and I hope you feel better!
OH, I hate strep as well. But not so much that I would rather give birth! Let's not get crazy.
Get yourself some popsicles and take a nap if you can!
OH i am so sorry you are sick. Strep is the worst. It is going around Emily's school.
Sounds like you have some great friends and family that are helping you.
GET some rest.
I LOATHE strep! I seem to get it about every other year. I REALLY hope you are feeling better at 11 am sharp!!
I'm so sorry you've been so sick but am glad for the update that you're doing better. We've had pinkeye all week, and it hasn't kept us on the couch, but it has kept us from lots and lots of fun stuff, so I've been feeling all sorts of resentment. Why do we have to get sick????
I am so glad you are feeling better! I got strep for the first time in April and it totally wiped me out for 6 days. My mom had to come and stay with us because I couldn't even get out of bed. Plus mine made me throw up?! I really hope you get back to your old self soon!!
Here I talked to you the last two days, and had no idea!! You even told me Tara had brought you dinner, but I didn't want to be nosy and ask. I just assumed she was being nice. I'm so sorry you were that sick! I've had a really sore throat, cough, but no aching. I guess you can count me out of giving it to you. Love ya...see you tomorrow!!! hehehehe
I agree...strep is the worst! I have had it MANY MANY times, and can recognize it as soon as I get it. The aches...the pain, the all over feeling that you want to die?? It's strep!!
I am glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment