Sunday, October 26, 2008

October Monthly Special


Finally, I have some decent photos (what held me back the last couple months) so that I can participate in the Monthly Special from Take Out Photo. I'm so glad I put a grumpy day to good use and actively went out and found some fall leaves. I love, love fall. For the leaves, the colors, the weather and the holidays. It's a chilly 30 degrees when I take the kids to school and a nice 60 (ish) temp when I pick them up. It's dark in the morning and while that makes it hard to get out of bed, it makes for cozy mornings after drop off at school. Thanks for the challenge this month Marc. I'm finally learning my way around Photoshop, it's great!

10 comments:

michelle said...

Way to turn your day around, Melanie! I love that you documented your love of Fall. I share the love.

Dustin and Tara said...

Seriously you HAVE to teach me. I want to do that monthly photo too, I just haven't made time to sit and do it and to learn more about my camera. Good job. Now I need to see some food photos:)! I love it!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I LOVE this, Melanie. The caption, the colors, the leaves--it's very eye-catching.

Amie said...

This looks great. I really love circles. Every time I see a take out photo challenge I want to do it but I don't have photoshop and I just learned that my scrapbook program doesn't run with Vista... let's use those excuses rather than I can't even run normal life let alone add extras.

I love fall too. I'm glad you shared you pictures!

Carolyn said...

Oh I love all of the pictures! They are amazing. Now I want to get outside and take some!

Shaila Lou said...

Great job Mel!! It would be a great day to just get out and take some pictures, with only one child!! I hope I have time to do this. I made the template for it right after reading it, but I have yet to add any photos...I think I can, I think I can!!

Pictures this Saturday if your in town!! Or what ever day, if Sunday was better, we could work that too! Love ya!

Brenda said...

I loved this special. I did one with Heather's Christmas pictures, just for fun. If you see my Christmas card like this you'll know why.

marc said...

Beautiful fall colors! I love the close-up leaf photos as well.

Anna said...

Um I love it Mel! Cant wait to see my new baby in one of those! HAHA!

Melinda said...

Those pictures are all so great. You did a great job.

Reed looks so cute is the picture in the last post. I have had that happen many times in my house. I always feel a little bad that they fell asleep like that but then grateful I didn't have to fight to get them to go to sleep.