- Do I stay home and finish the morning chores or make it to the gym for a much needed work out?
- Do I give Reed a good nap or drag him to the store for groceries with only half a nap in?
- Do I catch up on blogging (and commenting) or clean out one of the messy dressers (closets) around here?
- Do I this.....or......that?
Tomorrow we head out of town early in the morning for Dane's surgery. He has been so cute, adding in his safety and health to all of his prayers. He prays for his hernia at breakfast and lunch. And if he gets the dinner prayer it's prayed for then too. Oh Milo and I have wanted to laugh out loud a couple times, it's been so sweet. One of the things I'm most worried about is him not being able to eat breakfast in the morning. He can't eat his beloved Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal for breakfast. I started warning him early today that there would be no food before we left. He has a memory of steel and he reminded me that he could have 'clear liquids' (he said that) and listed off sprite, jello and juice. And tonight after his shower he wanted lotion cause he said, 'the doctor likes me clean'. It was so funny because when we were there last week she commented on how clean and nice he was. Not surprising he remembered that too and so just for the surgeon, he's all showered and lotioned up for the procedure. This kid never stops surprising me.
13 comments:
Melanie, please, please figure out the this or that conondrum. I would love to have it solved.
Good luck to Dane . . . and you.
Catching that grass in Reed's mouth is such a perfect shot. Your kids are always going to have fun pictures to look back on because you remember to catch the details I always overlooked.
Good luck on Reed's surgery! Alex had eye surgery this week. All was well, but it was pretty sad when he woke up from anesthesia. He did great--I just felt bad for his sad, groggy little face when they brought him to me!
Be brave little buddy!! Love Granny Dee Ann. Grandma loves you so much!!! Try not to make the nurses and doctors laugh!!
Yeah, if you ever figure out how to get it all done, please share. I would so love to know.
I love Dane's prayers, his remembering about clear liquids, and his extra care with hygiene. What a hilarious kid. I hope it all goes well!
Yes, yes and yes. Today, I am giving up cleanliness and hygiene in order to blog.
You gotta do what you gotta do.
It's got to get better, though. Right?
Just remember that it doesn't last forever and soon, soon, you don't have this or that to do.
And please know that I totally saw you and Milo leaving today! That was me walking, and I said a little prayer for you, Milo, and especially for Dane. I hope all went well!
Hmmmmm clean or blog! what should you do? Hello BLOG!!!!!!
Our prayers are with Dane...
You kill me Mel. I choose everything else over cleaning. Hope the surgery went well and that you stocked up on Jello:)
That's too funny he remembered his list of liquids he could have. I'm glad everything went well and he's home safe. :)
You are VERY lucky Reed is such a good baby- wanna trade?! I want a good baby for once...
I currently am struggling with the blogging thing too. Somedays I have no time but the guilt kicks in and I often am sad I didn't do it.
Okay and that photo of Dane is darling! Love that face.
Love those sweet pictures of Reed! I'm so glad Nathan's team actually scored some goals!! I'm sure that had to make him feel a little bit better.
Hopefully I get to see you tomorrow. Love ya guys!!
Cleaning your house while the children are growing is like shoveling the walk, while it's still snowing. We will add the hernia to our prayers too--It's nice of him to get all clean and silky soft for the surgeon, I never thought about making it pleasant for the people with the scapel!
Oh Reed is the CUTEST!! I just want to squeeze him!!
I hope the surgery went well...what a sweet boy he is!
Ok...if you ever figure out how to do it all LET ME KNOW! I can never seem to get caught up and in the rare moments when I do feel at least partially in control...I remember something else that I am behind on. Last week I did not work out one time because I was DETERMINED to get everything on my list done (and we had our primary program today and I had so much to do). Sadly I didn't accomplish anything more than normal. Skipped workouts nad still way behind. Ahhh....oh well, right?!
Post a Comment