The surgery went well. The surgeon said that the hernia was bigger than she had first thought so she was really glad it all got taken care of so soon. She also said to limit some of his activity. I guess most of the time kids will stop themselves before the pain is too bad. As adults we push ourselves through the pain, causing more injury. His few limitations are going to be quite hard to control. No jumping on a trampoline (bad, he goes to school at a gymnastics center) and no wrestling (again bad, he wrestles Nate every single day!). I told the surgeon keeping him will be a bit like taming a wild monkey but I'd do my best. He's been as busy as ever with the big kids home this weekend but I suspect he'll be a little more laid back with them gone. He likes to keep up when they're around. I'm all for a lazy Monday. Bring it on Dane.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Hernias No More
The surgery went well. The surgeon said that the hernia was bigger than she had first thought so she was really glad it all got taken care of so soon. She also said to limit some of his activity. I guess most of the time kids will stop themselves before the pain is too bad. As adults we push ourselves through the pain, causing more injury. His few limitations are going to be quite hard to control. No jumping on a trampoline (bad, he goes to school at a gymnastics center) and no wrestling (again bad, he wrestles Nate every single day!). I told the surgeon keeping him will be a bit like taming a wild monkey but I'd do my best. He's been as busy as ever with the big kids home this weekend but I suspect he'll be a little more laid back with them gone. He likes to keep up when they're around. I'm all for a lazy Monday. Bring it on Dane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Dane looks so cute in all of those pictures. (You do too. Milo too...I guess.) I'm glad he is feeling alright.
Thanks for telling me what he said! That made my whole entire month. I loved it.
I'm so glad you've got the hernia crises under control now, Melanie. Bring on the bills!
I'm so glad that you guys are hernia free! I’m still having nightmare flashes of Milo’s burse from his surgery...why did I ask to see it! I’m just kidding Milo!
'Kind of like a donkey's attached to my head.' I love this quote!
Hooray! It IS definitely weird wearing a hospital gown without underwear! He is such a funny kid, Melanie. I'll bet your so glad to have that behind you.
Dane's comments are hilarious! Cute pictures of the family there. Glad it's over.
So glad it's all "behind" you. No pun intended. Without underwear that "behind" could have been showing!!! Sorry I wasn't there to help out. Remind me why I live in Vegas and still need to work: car payment, school loans, food, bills, books for grandkids, clothes for grandkids, treats for grandkids, birthday presents, Christmas presents for all, gas for said car, etc, etc, etc...
I'm so glad things went smoothly. The donkey comment, PRICELESS! Where do they get these things?! I also love the ninja turtle Reed is tasting!
Oh my goodness, that comment about the donkey is hilarious. I'm glad it went well...despite the time delay. Hope he's still feeling well. Too bad my kids have pink I and you can't come and play with me. Let me know if you want to chance it...haha!
Congrats on the successful surgery!!
I love kids on loopy gas!
That was hilarious and I'm glad the surgery went well. Trevor has had 3 surgeries since we've been married. I won't tell you all the interesting things he said while coming out of anesthesia. Let's just say they were PG-13 comments.
Post a Comment