Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Already a Missionary & 11 Months

It feels so good to write that the funk is gone. And it's no surprise that the 'funk' was hormone related. Why do I forget the low moods and funky feelings? Anyway, I'm over that and have a great weekend to blog about.





For the second time this month we headed over to Seattle with a full van for some family fun time. (The first visit is still waiting in draft form, ha). My nephew Michael is going on a mission to Argentina and Sunday he was speaking in church. It was so good to spend time with him and the rest of my family. We don't see them often but the fabulous thing when we get together is time fades and it feels like we just spent time together. Did that make sense? I can't wait to take a photo of the kids like this when he gets back, they'll be so big! Good luck in Argentina, you're going to love it.

Jill (my sister) and Craig know kids, their 4 are less than 5 years apart so taking our crew there doesn't phase them in the least. Or at least they don't let on that it does. And that makes me feel good. It makes me realize that my kids will grow up one day. And fast too. Michael, Chad, Jared and Madison are such awesome older cousins for my kids. They tolerate the kids wrestling, the constant tagging along, the badgering and all other annoying behaviors of younger kids (there are so, so many). I'm so proud to be their aunt...I love them all!!



All thirteen of my dad's grandkids were there. 10 boys, 3 girls. The cousins had so much fun together. The only scrappers (and it was mild and funny) were Kate and Gavin...both 3. I think that explains it, ha. Jill busted out the vintage Barbie bucket and Kate and Kathryn played for a long time together. Madison had given every Barbie a haircut back in the day, we laughed about that one. Especially considering Kate just had a hair cutting incident. Heidi, Michelle and I loved having some kid free time to visit, once again, thanks older cousins!!


I think the kids favorite part was being introduced to Rockband. Oh my! We have some rockers in this house. Nathan kept a hold of the microphone and Dane favored the drums. When we were on our way home Dane asked if we could move there. I asked why and his response.....Rockband anytime we wanted! We definitely need a bigger house and/or a basement to take the noise that game generates.

It was perfect Seattle weather (that's not always the case) and I'm so glad we went over there. The kids did great in the car (it's about a 3 hr drive) and after wrestling with the cousins they crashed in the hotel too. Nothing better than kids that crash to sleep!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And on another note.....


Sunday was Reed's 11 month 'birthday'. I can't believe next time I take a photo for this blogging purpose he'll be a year old. Just. Can't. Believe it. He is so happy and such a fun baby to have around, he literally has changed our world. We all want to hold him, talk to him, make him laugh. He is the center of our house. Heaven help us in another year when he's spoiled and 2 years old!

I've been wanting to get a photo of his funny teeth before they change and Sunday when Kathryn stood behind me I got it. One of his side teeth has been growing in and no middle or other side have broken through yet. I just love his little fang. I wonder how big it will get before the others start to grow in.

11 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Great post Mel. Looks like I missed a good time.... again! I'll bet there was plenty of laughter. That always seems to happen when you 4 + 4 + 13 get together. Michael will be a great missionary. Can't wait to see the other pictures. Good family times, we need more.....

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This was fun reading Melanie. You're always so appreciative of people that help out with your kids.

Reed is just so loveable. I can't believe he's been here a year, either...until I lift him, and then he's definitely been here a year.

Brenda said...

I have the same funk problem and it's probably caused by the same thing. Grr. Loved all the pics!

Shaila Lou said...

Sounds like a fun filled weekend of family fun!

I was disappointed it wouldn't let me click on the picture of Reed to enlarge it...I wanted to examine his cute tooth. I think it's funny, Quinn's fang teeth grew in before his front teeth, although, they both grew in, not just one!

donna said...

what a great weekend. It is alwasy fun to spend time with Family.
Wow your nephew is going to Argentina.
"Don't cry for me Argentina" OK Mel name that movie?

Rockband rocks.!

Heidi said...

It was fun and I'm glad you guys trekked over here. You are making up for the last year. :)

Leisha said...

Reed is just way to cute! I love how he only has that one tooth on top! Emma has 3 on top and 3 on the bottom and more coming in. Its been fun around here…I wish there was a sarcastic font!

michelle said...

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten my period and then thought, "oh! so THAT'S why I've been in such a funk for the last few days!". DUH. I'm 37 years old, for pete's sake.

I also can't tell you how jealous I am that you can scoot over to Seattle like that.

I totally understand the appreciation for people who help with/don't mind having my kids around!

Elizabeth said...

I can;t believe Reed is almost a year! Still cute as ever!

Laurie said...

I'm happy to hear that the funk is gone! Glad to see that things have been going well.

I CAN'T believe Reed is almost 1!! So cute!

Jill said...

Y'all come back now ya hear! We LOVED having everyone of you and would welcome it anytime. Thanks for supporting Michael as he gets ready to go. We leave to take him 2 weeks from today!