Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Funk Returns

It's back. That blah feeling. I have not been able to shake it the past couple days. Maybe it's the lack of sun. The colder temps. The teething baby. The never ending list. Never ending. The children that have constant needs. The blogging I'm behind on. The commenting I'm seriously behind on (I miss my blogging friends). Ugh! To stay positive, some photos from the past week.

Marion made Kathryn a Barbie cake for her birthday. She did such a good job on it and you can tell by the look on Kat's face (excitement, wonder, happiness) how much it meant to her. She's gazing at Barbie and I just love this photo.

Look at this cake!

Reed's newest thing is this nose scrunch. I love it! He is all over the place right now and everything goes in his mouth. It's so gross and quite the task to stay on top of. Today I found him eating the dustpan (so sick!) and he loves to snack on shoes. Good thing the other 3 kids are quite the watch dogs over him!

Today while I was doing hair Dane asked to play with the Playdoh. I have a serious love/hate with the stuff so I don't let them play with it very often (rude, I know). He told us that he was going to build a dinosaur and it would take the whole table (it took an hour to build too). And that's just what he did. He 'molded' a T-Rex. The orange is his body, the yellow his neck and the purple his head. Don't you love the tiny arms just like a T-Rex?

Here's hoping the slump takes a hike.

22 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh. My. Gosh. My mom told me about that T-Rex and I didn't quite understand. But, from the picture I can see....he is quite the master at playing with playdoh! I am very impressed. Way to go Dane!

Heidi said...

I love the picture of Kathryn looking at her doll cake. That is priceless. She adored it!

That T-rex is hilarious. Hey, at least it kept him busy for an hour! Kate wants it all out and after 10 minutes she's done.

Amy said...

O know how you feel! I'm behind in blogging, commenting, cleaning, playing with my kids, reading, crafting, spending time with my husband, church stuff--everything! Eventually something's going to give!

Oh, and Dane's dino is great! I love that he made just the outline. That is so creative!!! And the Barbie cake! Kaitlin would die for something like that. Lucky Kathryn!

I hope you're feeling better soon!

donna said...

what a super cool T- rex:)

OH the barbie cake is so cute. I Am also having a hard time blogging the last few weeks.I just don't know what to post about.........

becca said...

That cake is amazing...AMAZING!! What talent!

I hear you on the teething baby who puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. The other day I saw him stick a bead in his mouth and swallow it. I freaked out and Chelsey said.."oh, don't worry, the beads are so small he doesn't choke, he eats them all teh time!" WHAT!? I guess that's what I get for letting my 4 year old play with him in her room...alone (thats how I get things done).

That t-rex is awesome. I am the same way...I hate playdough, but it is a great activity!

Hope the slump goes away soon!

Shaila Lou said...

I hate funks! They been a pretty regular occurrence since having Win! I'm also behind on blogging, my next blog (I'll finish today) will be like 20 posts in one!

Love the picture of Kathryn with her cake. Mom did a great job on it, even though she's very critical of herself. (I wonder where I get it from.)

Love Dane's Dinosaur. Too funny, I actually let the boys play with playdoh yesterday too. We made some first, and they thought it was pretty cool playing with it all warm.

Melinda said...

The cake?? Soo cute!!

That play dough is crazy cool. He is so good! I feel the same with that stuff also.

Hope the funk leaves soon!

Lucy said...

I'm sorry you're in a funk. No fun. I think the T-Rex is incredible, though. YOu have a sculptor on your hands!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

NOOOOOOOOOO....not the funk. Anything but the funk.

That T-Rex made wonderful use of your play-dough. Go Dane.

Kim said...

I was in a funk myself just not too long ago. The good news is it's gone. I hope the same for you soon!!

Playdoh is the best. I still love to play with it!

Heather said...

Such a creative boy! I guess you'll have to break out the play dough more often! Can't wait to see you guys in just a few days. You're coming to mom's to visit- right? If not I'm sure we'll make it in to Moses at some point. Miss Ya!

Brenda said...

I hear you loud and clear. I'm still reading the blogs, just can't bring myself to be clever enough to comment. Makes no sense, I know. Love the cake, the nose scrunch and the T-Rex. That Dane has mad Play-Doh skills.

Unknown said...

Elise loves loves loves the cake and she thinks the dinosaur is awesome. nice to have an hour long project. I love hate playdough too.

Holly said...

Winter is coming..don't we all feel blah! It is depressing just THINKING about all the snow that is coming our way! I do love the idea of us all huddled with hot chocolate in front of a movie! Love Danes dinosaur and LOVE the cake! Can't wait to see you !!!

Amie said...

That cake is amazing! So is the T-Rex!

Sorry about the blahs. You know I am familiar with the funk... I hate it but I guess it lets us appreciate the non-funk more because we know the difference?

jenny said...

That scrunchy photo is so dang cute. Sorry to hear about your funk. Hopefully some turkey will solve that issue.

I too have a love/hate relationship with playdough. I guess I am not too much of a fun mom and don't allow it. HOwever, that is one impressive masterpiece!

michelle said...

The photo of Kat's reaction is priceless. The T-Rex! Oh my! It's so great. And I would get out play-doh every day if it would keep Eva entertained for an hour...

I hope the funk takes a hike soon, too. You don't need that on top of everything else!

Marion said...

Oh, this is priceless! I want a picture of this! This kid is a piece of work! I'd sure like to get inside his head to see how he thinks! Einstein...move over!

Dustin and Tara said...

Wow. You never told me about Dane building that t-rex. I'm impressed. I love the picture of Reed. I need to capture moments of Kyden with different faces before it is to late! And the cake is cute....of course:)!

::lindsay said...

Sorry to hear about the slump. I get those too. My internet is finally acting normal though. Hooray!

I love the cake. Lucky girl! That picture of Reed is absolutely adorable too!

Price Cream Parlor said...

That is an awesome dinosaur creation! Great cake as well!
Good luck with the funk - hope that it passes quickly! We had sun yesterday - so that was helpful. Perhaps that is what you need - a day of full sun?

Jill said...

I hate feeling blah and behind on things, hopefully it will pass soon.

That Barbie cake is seriously amazing!

I think the Play-doh dinosaur is great, especially if it took him an hour to make! That's worth the clean-up right?