1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Gift bags are easier but I think they take the fun away on Christmas morning. Of course one or two aren't bad....
2. Real tree or Artificial? I do love a real tree but I gave in to a prelit that failed me this year. Maybe a real one next year?
3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up sometime during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Usually the Saturday after shopping on Friday.
4. When do you take the tree down? A couple days after Christmas, I am just over it and the mess of having it around.
5. Do you like eggnog? NO! Not at all. And I liked my sister in law's description of it. It reminds her of lugies. Um, gross!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember loving my Le Clic camera. It looked like this but mine was bright yellow with the bright colored buttons. I recently found some of the film, it's disc, and I have no idea where to get it developed and wonder if it's still good. My Cabbage Patch Kid dolls and a boom box were big the years I got them.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I collect them so I have quite a few. I love ones from other countries and hope if my boys go on foreign missions, they'll bring me one home someday. And I LOVE that our stake did a live nativity. They stopped it this year and the people that have put it on definitely out do themselves and deserve a break but I really miss it. It always, always put things in perspective for me and started my season. Maybe I'll have to find another one somewhere....
8. Hardest person to buy for? Don't take this the wrong way anyone..... but, it's the in-laws.
9. Easiest person to buy for? the kids
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I love to receive them too (is that a shameless plug for more mail?).
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well it isn't a specific gift, it's actually my worst Christmas. One year my mom went out shopping on Christmas Eve and left Kyle and I home with all the presents just staring at us. I'm sure she wasn't gone all day, probably only a couple hours, I was 11 and Kyle was 8 1/2. I'm sure it was instigated by me, but we opened all our presents and taped them back up before she got home!! We even opened up the ones that were for other people (the nerve!). And as if that weren't enough, we searched around my mom's room until we found the Santa stuff too.
My mom had invited my dad over for Christmas morning so he could watch us open our presents (love that my divorced parents were civil enough to do that) and we slept in! Until almost 9am. What kids sleep in on Christmas morning? My dad came over early and after an hour or so, my mom had to come in and wake us up. I remember faking my excitement over every single present and it was such an awful feeling. I still like to quiz people about presents but I would never open one up early again. SO if you want to keep my snooping to a minimum, you have to wrap it up! Oh and even 10+ years later when we confessed our sins, my mom was mad at us!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? We love Christmas Vacation!!! And I love when my brother quotes it, so funny!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It has varied every year. It seems like one year I start early, the next I start late. Who knows. Whatever strikes my fancy I guess. This year, it's late....
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandma's homemade chocolate dipped fondant candies. They are so good. My aunt makes them but she is much stingier with them. Not that I need them either way but still....
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree ? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? O, Holy Night. Sung by Josh Groban, Martina McBride and as cheesy as this is, Donny Osmond.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Done both. Always traveled growing up, now we stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, especially if I sing the song.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, right now it's a big bow of wired ribbon. Because I can't find a star I like. But when I do, it will be a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The traditional pajamas growing up. I also remember badgering my mom until she gave in or got mad. (Man, I deserve everything my kids give me. Maybe this post wasn't such a good idea.)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The gloomy weather and lack of sun. I love a sunny winter day. Oh and that time flies!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I really like the red and gold ornaments I have. Especially the ones with glitter.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I like the traditional meal of Ham and all the sides. Actually, I like the sides and desserts the best. Yum.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really don't want any big ticket items. Well, I do want one..... I want a house with enough room for all of us and more storage and since that wont be happening this year, I hope to carry it over to next.
There you go, consider yourself tagged.
9 comments:
It's been fun catching up on your posts Melanie. The one of Milo sleep-thinking was funny. And you're so right, sprinkles make anything look like a party.
I enjoyed reading your list and hope the Christmas bug bites you soon . . . it's hard to make it through a season without it.
Oh, thanks for the laughs and I'm glad you did it. :) You guys were naughty opening up all your gifts! That camera is awesome and I can't believe you found film from it. I hope you get your big christmas gift sometime soon- you deserve it.
So you had to bring it up again? Darn kids! I might have even done that as a kid. And remember last Christmas? You came home from the hospital Christmas Eve and we still pulled it off! I am still in shock though Reed was well worth it. You better get busy before I get there. I deserve a break!
That's so crazy that you guys opened up all your presents AND found the Santa stuff! Your parents must have thought it was crazy that you two slept in on Christmas morning.
I have never opened a gift early. I'm all about letting the anticipation build.
P.S. If I ever get around to doing our Christmas cards one will be coming your way.
i enjoyed our post!!!! Christmas Vacation is one of my
Favorites as well.:)
Very nicely done Melly.
I can't believe you actually opened your presents. That's pretty funny. We do pjs as well. The question is who doesn't?
I collect nativities also. I love them all and I like when the kids can play with them. I have many kids friendly ones. They think it is so cool to play out the manger scene.
Hey my brother and sister call me Melly also!
Post a Comment