1. We had our first little bit of snow today. Dane was so excited and immediately got dressed and ready to go shovel the walk. Even though it was still coming down pretty hard. When he came back in he told me he couldn't believe it was Christmas already. I told him it wasn't Christmas and he matter of factly said back... 'I can't believe it's Christmas Eve then!'. To him snow=Christmas. If only I were ready for it!
2. I've been working on my blog book this week and it's taken my time away from blogging. It's a big project to work on each post (I don't like the default template on every page). I 'slurped' my blog back in June so I have over 18 months loaded onto the Blurb software. Recently, I found out through Shaila that Blurb is no longer compatible with Blogger (only Typepad and Wordpress). I searched around their website and they are hoping to fix the problem sometime early next year. I hope they do, as far as I can tell it's the easiest way to print my blog. Luckily, I'll still be able to publish my first year. It's my goal to finish a book with all of 2007 by the end of Christmas vacation. I've made it to Dane's birthday so just a few months to go.
3. As of Tuesday, we have a Church basketball statistic around here. Milo went and played like he does every winter but when he came home he knocked instead of walking in. I thought it was odd but I got up and answered the door to him standing there with a huge bag of ice and a look of 'yes, I hurt myself tonight'. He hobbled to the couch and iced his knee off and on for the rest of the night. He went to work Wed. morning but through the day his knee got increasingly sore so he went in to the Dr. late in the afternoon. They took an x-ray but didn't see anything. On Thursday the Dr's office called back saying they couldn't read the films good enough and that Milo needed an MRI. They had a cancellation and he was able to get in Friday at 4:15. So today he had that done and we wait until Mon or Tues for them to be read. Both of us are hoping that the MRI was done on the side of caution.
4. Today the kids had their school winter program. I find it ironic that they call it a 'Winter Program' to be politically correct but over half the songs are about Christmas. Contradictory? Both kid did a great job. Nathan had a speaking part and was Theodore for their rendition of The Chipmunk Song. It was adorable.
5. I'm sitting here listening to the news and all it's talked about for the first 10 minutes is SNOW.....SNOW.....SNOW. The stuff that's fallen and all the stuff that's supposed to fall. Another storm is on the way so no out of town Christmas shopping for me this weekend. I told Milo I was taking the laptop, holeing up in my room and taking Christmas online this year. I'll probably save money that way too!
5 1/2. I'm sending the Christmas cards to print tonight and hope to have them done sometime early next week. In years past, it's something I've looked forward to but this year, I've been dragging my feet. I guess if they're out sometime in December, it's all good right?
8 comments:
So have to gotten any snow yet? We just have WIND! LOTS of wind. I am hoping for a little snow. But not to much. I still want there to be school on Monday. We will see if any snow comes this weekend. Next week it going to be so cold. The high is only going to be in the 20s. Brrrrrrrr
I need to work on my blog book as well.
Hmmm i hope i get a Christmas card.
That's so cute that Dane associates snow with Christmas. I associate it with the Christmas Season so I've been a little bummed out that we haven't had any. We're supposed to get lots this weekend though.
I am so daunted by the thought of turning my blog into a book. I started working on it for awhile last year, then got overwhelmed (and unemployed)then stopped. I don't understand how Blurb went from being compatible with Blogger to not being compatible...that's upsetting!
Poor Milo (and you), I hope the knee injury is nothing serious. My dad once got his two front teeth knocked out while playing church basketball, now he has caps.
The political correctness at Christmas time makes me sad.
I heard about the knee thing. Great! Just what you guys wanted/needed to deal with. I wish we had snow (only since we aren't going anywhere this weekend) so I'm wishing we had your weather. They say we should get some... Kate would LOVE it.
Oh Melanie, I'm wishing you all kinds of good luck getting things done this season!!
Hello friend, I owe you money and it's in my wallet and has been for several days, but the fun meet was today and kort has been gone and well... it's still in my wallet. :)
If I lived in the USA I would do so much online shopping! It isn't the same here.
I hope you have new snow on the 24th just for Dane!
I love your cute posts! The wind is driving us all nuts! Feels like Idaho! And that is not good!! Freezing wind down to the bones! I missed seeing your cute pictures of your cute family!! Lunch? Maybe after Christmas when life SLOWS down!! Lisa
Way to go on the blog book!
Milo's poor knee. It was so bruised when I saw it! I can't believe he crawled on that thing to unthaw the pipes! What an amazing guy! I love him to death!
Post a Comment