1. Yesterday we finally took a stab at taking a family Christmas photo so we can get some cards in the mail. I set up my mom's sweet camera on a tripod (also hers) and we set off to find a place that could handle us. The timer will take 8 continuous photos on self timer and we did that twice hoping, just hoping, that at least one would turn out. You know how it is with little kids. This person looks better in one, the other person looks better in another one. But one will work and that's all that counts. And with Shaila's editing help, it might just be frameable. Thank heavens, we are running out of time. Like the outtake above?2. I finally finished the decorations around here. We're having a minimalist year, ha. For almost a week, boxes were strewn about and only half of the decorations were put out. It was so claustrophobic to walk around all that mess, I'm so glad it's out of here. The tree has no decorations on the bottom, no glass balls and not a lot of charm. I can't believe I was more festive 9 months pregnant last year than I am this year with an almost 1 yr old. There's always next year I guess.
3. Reed, Dane and I stayed home from church today. Dane has a sore throat and had a fever this morning and while I don't think he was really sick, I just didn't want him spreading anything around right before Christmas. My ward can thank me later if he gets sicker this week.
4. I'm not in a festive mood. At all. I've put off so much this year when it comes to being prepared for Christmas. The list feels daunting and I must. get. started. There is half (or more) of Christmas to go. Two birthdays, 3 days apart. Lots to do. As always.

~Dane on green day at preschool last week~
5. A few about Dane. ~He started an extra little class at preschool for kids that are ready to start reading. He's only been one day and tonight when we went to read scriptures, he announced that he knew how to read his verse cause he goes to Ready Readers class. It's been one day, ha. ~One day last week he made up a language too. It's called 'Lambo' and he speaks it all the time. It sounds a bit like Spanish, baby talk and Chinese all in one. He told me that Reed speaks 'Baby Lambo', so funny. ~He's been a crafting fool the past couple days. He made a diorama of the Manger Scene and after that he made Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus our of marshmallows and toothpicks. He's so cute, funny, smart but man he can be exhausting!
6. Sprinkles make almost anything better in their eyes. Even instant chocolate pudding and generic whipped topping.I thought I could make this a Seven for Sunday. I've thought of posts all weekend and now I can only come up with six. Oh well, better than nothing.
8 comments:
Yum, chocolate pudding. I haven't made that for a while. You are good to attempt to get a christmas picture. I'm not sure I will do cards this year. We'll see... Taking pictures around here is like pulling teeth or even worse for Kyle. ha!
I love your cute post! The Christmas card is ALWAYS a pain in the you know what! The kids end up pushing, pulling & wrestling by the end of the picture! But, they love it! Decorating just comes in spurts! Don't stress! Just enjoy those beautiful kids of yours!! So cute! Love the outfit! Lisa
I hope i get a Christmas card.
I mailed ours out last week. OUR picture was OK! IT was taken at my BIL's wedding and it was 105 outside. A HOT day. .
I have cut back with so much this year it has helped a ton. I am not so stressed. We have a lot of family bday in dec also. That makes it hard to add to the christmas. Glad you got some pictures taken.
At least you took family pictures... we are missing that this year. I'm sure they turned out cute.
It is so hard when you aren't feeling festive to fake it. Good thing it doesn't take much to satisfy the kids... mine are just so happy to do anything!
I hope you guys stay healthy and the sore throat was just a fluke!
I'm having a really hard time getting in a festive mood this year too. I'm hoping after my trip over there this weekend,and getting in some Chritmas shopping will help.
I hope you'll post some of the funny outtakes from your tripod photo shoot, those should be amusing. We haven't taken a picture yet and have no idea for our cards...it's only the 8th right?
I think having a minimalist year is just fine, do what you can do and then let it go.
Dane sounds hilarious, I would love to hear him speak Lambo. This is a hilarious description. "It sounds a bit like Spanish, baby talk and Chinese all in one."
Good quick post! I'm glad you were able to do my hair and we had time to visit. You're the best and I love it, as always. I love Dane all dressed up in his John Deere gear! He's such a funny kid!
Post a Comment