Thursday, December 04, 2008

Funniest Middle of the Night....Ever.

This is a pretty bold statement coming from me. I'm a huge night owl but if I've already fallen asleep, I rarely find anything funny that wakes me up. In fact, I get rather grumpy (to say the least). I'm a girl that needs her sleep. But last night takes the cake.

Reed was not feeling good yesterday, woke up with a slight fever and just wasn't himself the whole day. He went to bed good but around 1:30am he was crying and crying so I decided to feed him to get him back to sleep (don't judge). When I got him out of bed he was really warm again so I asked Milo to go get the infant Tylenol from the other room. He was sleeping but he is always helpful if I ask in the middle of the night to get something for me.

I was laying there feeding Reed when Milo walked back into our room with THE RANCH DRESSING BOTTLE & a thing of PARMESAN CHEESE (we had both for dinner but they were put away in the fridge)! It was so random and so, so funny. Obviously still sleeping, I ask him what he's doing and why he's putting Ranch on my nightstand and why he's handing me Parmesan Cheese while I'm feeding the baby. All disoriented, he kind of huffed and said he didn't know. And looked at what he was carrying all confused about why he had it. I reminded him I asked for Tylenol so he gathered them up, put them away in the fridge, brought me the medicine and went right back to sleep. I on the other hand could not stop laughing. Oh it was so, so funny I didn't even mind having a 2am wake up call. And like I said, that's rare!

Thanks for being a good sport and letting me laugh Milo! Actually, I'm still laughing....ha ha.

20 comments:

michelle said...

That is funny! And funny is a very nice bonus when you're up at 2:00...

Shaila Lou said...

Oh, that's hilarious!! I was totally laugh out loud, just picture the confusion on Milo's face! Good one bro!

Reminds me of several years ago when I asked Matt for some water in the middle of the night. He brought it back to me and ended up just dumping it me. Apparently he must have thought I had reached out for it, when I hadn't.

Oh and one other middle of the night story still including water. When we were home for the summer at Matt's parents, Matt had a glass of water on the night stand. He picked it up in his sleep and dumped it one himself. He woke me up wondering why I dumped it one him...hahaha!!

Lucy said...

What a funny story. And one that would probably never happen any other time but in the middle of the night.

Sorry Reed isn't feeling well. I hope the cheese works:)

Brenda said...

Thank you Milo for letting us laugh at your expense! That was classic. Matt got up once in the wee hour of the morning and got a drink of milk. He also happened to be holding the cat. When mom got up later that morning she found the milk on the kitchen floor. When she opened the fridge to put it back, the cat jumped out.

donna said...

what a great story.
I hope Mr Reed feels better fast, so everyone can gets some rest.

becca said...

I am laughing OUT LOUD right now! That is just about the funniest middle of the night story I have heard!

Korbi said...

Now THAT if funny!!!

Marion said...

I laughed out loud! That is too funny! I can just visualize him, too! Would you like some cheese with your dressing? Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

Very funny!!! I'm sure Milo is glad you can blog about it. :) What random things to bring to you though when you asked for Tylenol. HA! I love Brenda's story about Matt and the cat. That is funny.

Kristen said...

Coming from one sleep walker to another...that was SO FUNNY!!!!! Yes, Thanks Milo for a great laugh :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

Did he have some of my Ambien? Too funny..... Now maybe he won't laugh at me!!!

Barb said...

Does Milo even remember any of this? So funny!

Dustin and Tara said...

That is hilarious! I love moments like that, get a great laugh out of a situation in the middle of the night! And I would have given in at 1:30 a.m. to nurse too:)!

Becky Noftle said...

The boys in your family and their ranch dressing fettish!! I hope you get the good kind from Costco (Greggs) anything else isn't worth eating at 2 am!!

Jill said...

What a great story. It's a good thing he wasn't giving Reed the medicine though eh?

Malissa said...

That is so hilarious! Makes up for the 2 am wake up :)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious, Melanie! It's definitely a good thing you were the one up with Reed and not Milo!

Holly said...

That is so funny! Thanks Milo...I needed a laugh today!

Nicole said...

SO FUNNY! Devin isn't really funny in the night, but I am. That's another long chapter in a very short book.

Melinda said...

That is so funny. My kids have doen some funny things like that also.