Friday, November 14, 2008

Eight in 08

~Second Grade~

Girl, You're 8! What a fun age to be. I can't believe you are at one of your first 'growing up' milestones. You'll be getting baptized soon and it hardly seems possible. We are so blessed to have you in our home and be such an important part of our family. Time has just flown by watching you grow too.

You have spent this whole year waiting patiently for your permanent teeth to grow in. Sometimes we joke around and wonder if they'll ever make it. You love your teacher this year (and every year to come I think) because she loves animals as much as you do. You are happy to take care of others, you love arts and crafts and will cut and glue anything together. You write songs and stories that blow me away. Sometimes your stories are comedies and other times you write mysteries, but every one you write is chock full of creativity. Your memory is a steel trap and you remind me of places we've been that I have completely forgotten about. You love to style hair and I think it's adorable when you clip barrettes on your stuffed animals ears (every cat, dog, bunny has style around here). You are a strong, strong spirit that loves very deeply. You snuggle, hug, kiss, high five and smile all day long.

We love you Kat!! Happy Birthday sweet girl!!

{Long catch up of the last week is just waiting in the draft folder to be published. What's my blogging problem?! Another rut, blah.}

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy birthday Kat! I sure can't believe you are already 8 years old. What a great age to be. (And, at 8, I was still hoping for my teeth to grow in, too. They'll come, eventually.)

Granny DeeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny DeeAnn said...

Happy Birthday Sweet pea. I know you will have fun shoping for girlie stuff tomorrow. I wish I could be there. I forgot to tell you thank you for letting me sleep in your bed. You are a special spirit Kathryn and Heavenly Father loves you so much. There's a lotta lovin going on with you. This birthday day is special.... You are turnning 8 in 2008. You will make a grrr-8 8year old. Tell me all about your shopping spree!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Granny DeeAnn

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Kat! How lucky those 3 little boys are to have you for their sister. Miss you all!

michelle said...

Happy birthday Kat! I love that the stuffed animals have hairdos.

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Kat! Everything your mom said about you is so true and I knoe your family loves you a lot! Im so excited for you to get baptized and for your teeth to grow in! Have fun shopping.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Happy Birthday Kat! And since you are 8 in 08, you are doubly lucky according to the Chinese.

I second everything your mom wrote about you. You are an amazing girl and I just love your zest for life. I feel so lucky I know you.

Melanie...you are an incredible mom and every milestone and happy day I see Kat have is due to you. Way to show the world how to love.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

oops...and Milo. He gets credit for Kat's happiness, too :)

I got so caught up in the thought of Kat's room and the pony display and the barretts I forgot to mention Milo. Here's to you Milo!

Brianne said...

Happy Birthday Kathryn! Hope you had a great day. I love you!!

Laurie said...

Darling!


Sure hope you are having a great weekend.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your school picture is cute- love the sweater!

Chandra said...

Happy Birthday Kat. You always have the cutest smile on your face. It cheers me up whenever I see you. I have loved watching you grow up. I love you.

Becky Noftle said...

happy day Kat--I think girls day out is waaaay better than a b-day party at home!!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kathryn! I love your toothless grin! You are such a sweet girl, and your family is so lucky to have you!

Shaila Lou said...

I've been slacking on my blog reading with all my big busy project! Happy Birthday Kathryn. I love you more then you will ever know!!