Today is Milo's 31st birthday and instead of a list I asked the kids some questions. It's my third year of blogging on his birthday (I can't believe it) so I had to copy some creativity. I got the idea from Amie back in June (I'd link her but she's private) and I couldn't wait to see what they would say. I took them one at a time and it was so cute to hear them talk about their dad. Here are their answers....1. Where was Daddy born?
Dane- ?
Nate- Quincy
Kat- Quincy
(close, Wenatchee. but they were living in Quincy)2. His birthday?
Dane- todayNate- Dec 20th
Kat- today, Dec 20th3. How old is he?
D- 5N- 31
K- 314. Color of his hair?
D- Black if he had anyN- Little spikes of hair are black
K- Light brown5. Eyes?
D- BlueN- Blue
K- Blue6. How tall is dad?
D- about this tall (standing on the bed, holding his hand as high as he could)
N- 4 inches 10 meters (does this boy need measurment lessons?)
K- 6'2" (good girl!)
N- 4 inches 10 meters (does this boy need measurment lessons?)
K- 6'2" (good girl!)
7. How many years have mommy and daddy been married?
D-10N- 8
K- 8
(8.5, big kids right)
8. His favorite food?
D- ChickenN- Mexican
K- Tacos
(Nathan and Kathryn...right)
9. Something daddy loves?
D- Mommy (I swear he wasn't prompted)N- his family
K- our family
10. Something daddy dislikes?
D- No snowball fights when his leg hurtsN- When Dane and I fight
K- When he's hurt
11. What is daddy really good at?
D- Basketball when his knee doesn't hurt (a hurt theme here?)N- Basketball
K-Basketball until he hurt his knee
(they think their dad is a sports star and I think it's adorable)
K-Basketball until he hurt his knee
(they think their dad is a sports star and I think it's adorable)
12. What is his favorite color?
D- BrownN- Blue
K- Brown
13. How do you know daddy loves you?D- He plays games with me
N- Cause he smiles at me
K-He takes care of me and loves me
14. Where does daddy work?
D- At a tractor place and a storeN- John Deere
K- John Deere
15. Something else daddy is good at?
D- Snoring (ha)N- Folding laundry....he fold it when we sleep and when we get up, we put it away.
K- playing games
16. What is dad's favorite TV show?
D- Gonzaga BasketballN- Mork and Mindy (Milo made them watch a couple episodes when there was a marathon on the other day. Other wise I've never seen him watch this show)
K-Football, he watches it a lot
17. What is your favorite thing about daddy?
D- When we play gamesN- Playing around with him
K-He loves me
18. What is your favorite memory with dad?
D- Father and Sons camping (over 18 months ago and it was the first thing out of his mouth!)N-When we go to Grandpop's and play basketball
K-When he takes me to run errands without the boys19. How do you show daddy you love him?
D- Hug himN- By being nice to him
K- By hugging him
K- By hugging him
20. If you could buy him anything for his birthday, what would it be?
D- A new hat
N- Guitar Hero World Tour (he's been listening)
K- Motorcycle
D- A new hat
N- Guitar Hero World Tour (he's been listening)
K- Motorcycle
Happy Birthday Milo!!
We love you so much!
(we're spending his day eating out in big town with family and picking my mom up at the airport. Fun times, I'll be sure to snap a few photos.)
We love you so much!
(we're spending his day eating out in big town with family and picking my mom up at the airport. Fun times, I'll be sure to snap a few photos.)
another post for the birthday boy inclucding a few throw back photos, with hair and big glasses. click here
14 comments:
Happy Birthday big bro! Love that Mel! What a good idea. I loved hearing all the kids answers. Too cute! I'm glad you linked my post...people seriously need to see his true awesomeness!
I love you more than chipmunks love their nuts Milo! Have a great and fun day!
Happy birthday Milo! Those answers were amazing! I bet he loved them.
This is such a cute idea! Happy Birthday to Milo. HE has the same bday as my sister.
This is a really cute way to blog about Milo's birthday, and to see him through the kids' eyes.
I especially love their reasons for how they know he loves them.
so sweet. Does he really fold laundry? Happy Birthday Milo!
Happy B-day MILO!
what a wonderful post!:)
Melanie, that is the cutest post ever! I love it. I'll have to remember that in the future. I love to see what they really think in their smart little brains of theirs!
What a clever idea to ask all the kids these questions!!! I love that post. Happy Birthday Milo!
Happy Birthday, Milo!
Melanie, you married such a good man. What a fun way to tell him Happy Birthday.
I can't believe wrestling wasn't on the list! Happy Birthday Milo!
What a fun birthday post. I bet Milo loved it, but the rest of us learned a lot about him too. I hope his day was GREAT!
Happy Birthday Milo! I love the kids answers...they are very smart! Hope you had a great day!
I think it's so neat to see what the kids had to say about Milo. He's such a great guy (and brother). Love you Milo!
I love this-what a cute idea! I think I will steal it next year! ;)
Post a Comment