Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heartfelt (and Funny!)

Kathryn brought her school Christmas gift home today. On the way home she told me she learned the real meaning of awesome and that it meant inspiring. She told me that Milo and I were inspiring and she wrote that in the card she wanted me to read when we got home. She said when her teacher read it, she almost cried. I couldn't believe it, I just thought it all sounded so sweet and the whole way home wondered what she could write that would make her teacher cry. I wondered if I would cry too. If I weren't having computer/printer/scanner issues (so annoying) I would scan it cause it's scan worthy. But here's what her card said.

To: Mom and Dad
From: Kathryn

Your so Asome Mom and Dad.
I Love you more than chipmunks Love there nuts.
XOXOXOXOXO
Love Kathryn

HA! I'm still laughing. Seriously, after almost going psycho trying to fix our computer issues today, this is just what I needed when they came home from school. I feel so grateful she loves us that much! Apparently, nuts are super important for chipmunks and we are super important to her. I'm so glad because we lover her that much too! And I love her little mind!!

20 comments:

Heidi said...

That note is a keeper!!! I love her comparing you to how chipmunks love their nuts! Very creative. :) You are wonderful parents to her.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Our Kathryn is one of a kind. Who could not love her? Give her a great big kiss and have the kids say their prayers that I will even get to Washington. The airport is closed right now and they say there is more snow on the way. Go figure...... not Las Vegas under snow!!!

Amie said...

That is HILARIOUS! No wonder her teacher was almost in tears. Thanks for the laugh it made my night.

Melinda said...

This is so darn funny!! Oh, this is a classic one. So funny.

Shaila Lou said...

Oh that is too funny! She's is such a sweet girl!! I sure do love her! Her teacher probably teared up trying not to laugh out loud. She's too sweet!

Carolyn said...

That is so sweet. I read it to Brent because I loved it so much!

::lindsay said...

That is hilarious! I love it!

donna said...

What a sweet card. Yes that is a keeper for-sure.!
Enjoy the snow.

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

That's why we decided to become mothers.

Chandra said...

She is such a blessing in your lives. I have always admired you and Milo for the wonderful parents you are to Kathryn. You are lucky to have each other.

steve and lisa said...

So, so cute! What a sweetheart! All your kids are so darn cute!! Lisa

Jill said...

That's hilarious, sweet, darling and adorable!

Becky Noftle said...

What's that her Mom and Dad are nuts?!

jenny said...

I especially LOVE how she spelled awesome. I think it's great when kids learn new words and use them in sentences. That is Doug's favorite word. He is saying AWESOME all the time. Not nearly half as cute as Kathryn's letter.

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh! So sweet! Wish they could stay this sweet and innocent forever!

Amie said...

I just saw your comment... I think you are talking about the keychain? Becca gave it to me from the Breast Cancer Walk she did a couple of years ago. It is really cute. I will double check with her and get back to you.

Amie said...

Sorry that is the Race For A Cure walk and it is from there... 2006. Maybe that will help?

Holly said...

Wow ! That is too cute! What a sweet little girl! I am still bumming that we didn't get to see you over Thanksgiving. Bum bum bummer!!

Barb said...

She is brilliant - I think she'll be a song writer.