My mom's boss bought these old school matching outfits for Reed and Preston and just imagined them together in some old fashioned looking photos. It was just too dang crazy around Christmas so we didn't attempt it with both boys together. Reed and I stayed home from church (he was up every hour!) and after a much needed long nap, I dressed him in the Newsies outfit. It was tight, tight but we made it work. The pants were cutting his chubby belly in half, ha. He hated the hat and would rip if off as soon as I put it on. So I gave him a bright yellow block knowing I would make this black and white or sepia. That lasted for about 20 seconds. So I gave him 2 blocks and that lasted for a few more. He thought it was the funniest game. Grab the block, pick off the hat, drop the hat and then the block. Round and round, laughing at me the whole time!When I take photos like this it makes me want to rewind time and technology so that I can take digital photos of all my kids. At all their fun ages and stages. Snap away and delete what I want. And then have the ease and fun of editing. Photo technology is grand.
Ignore that his face is out of focus and his right suspender is in focus cause I love his face in this one too. And that he's tipping his hat to me. Milo always uses a quote his grandpa used a lot, 'I'll leave a tip. Tip my hat and keep on walking.' Reed could be the photo for that poster, don't you think? More of these might show up, so many cute ones I couldn't decide!
11 comments:
Oh Melanie...these are so good. I just love them. He's darling. Good job.
Holy cow, Melanie! These pictures are amazing. He's so cute! I hope these are finding their way into a frame!
Good job on the picture. You did a fabulous job making it look old fashioned. Lucille will LOVE it.
Oops, this last comment from granny was actually from me. :)
wow! nice work....taking on a new profession are you????
cute as a button (even if the buttons were bursting--I can sympathize Reed)
DARLING!!!
Those pictures are so cute! Love it! You did a good job antiquing it too!
He's darling!
I can't believe you didn't tell me about these pictures. I just barely got on your blog after weeks of not looking! That is the cutest thing EVER! I love it! I might have to borrow that outfit for Kyden:)! So CUTE!!!
Headlines don't sell papes'! Newsies sell papes'!
Post a Comment