1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Flew solo to Las Vegas with all 4 kids when we went to visit my mom.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't usually keep them. Not sure why I make them. This year I will stay resolved to be on top of Christmas and Reed's birthday. I'm saying it all year so I have no other choice. And I like Jane's idea of taking on one thing each month so as to not overwhelm.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 2 sister in laws. One in Jan, one in Feb.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not close family, but I attended 4 funerals of friends this summer.
5. What countries did you visit? I can only list counties, not countries.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A new home.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Nothing is coming to me right off the bat. I'll have to keep thinking.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Surviving our first year with 4 kids. And feeling sane most of the time.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting back into the gym regularly when we pay for it regularly.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, but we did have 2 hernia surgeries and a knee injury in our family.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I might not say this later but all I can think is the Wii for Christmas. The kids have loved it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Reed sleeping through the night at one month old. Now that is a priceless gift to a new mom!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Elected officials and CEO's behavior splattered all over the news that I would rather not hear about.
14. Where did most of your money go? Both cars....new tires, new brakes, new heater. still need new windshield, tune up. Can you say nickel and dime.....
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to see my mom on her turf in Las Vegas, it had been over 3 years since I had been there.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Apologize by One Republic. Not sure when it came out but it has definitely gotten air time this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier. I love having a baby around. Reed has made this year fun.
b) Thinner. Thank heavens because this time last year I was one week postpartum.
c) Richer. Not much but with Milo's job change things are a little easier.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? A little more dating Milo.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complaining.
20. Did you fall in love in 2008? I love that most of my family is blogging now. It has cut down my time for other blogs but I feel much more connected to them and it's great.
21. What was your favorite TV program? I'm still a reality TV junky. I always like American Idol, Survivor and Amazing Race. Non reality shows I have liked watching this year, Heroes and Chuck.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate people. No sun in the winter.... I hate that.
23. What was the best book you read? I loved Mrs. Mike.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? I'm always behind the times when it comes to music. Musical discoveries are Milo's department.
25. What did you want and get? A baby that slept though the night.
26. What did you want and not get? A new home.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I honestly can't think of a movie I went to other than Twilight. Sad
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 33 (yikes!). Milo and I went out to dinner and Marion made my favorite angel food cake. Yum! Oh and Milo forgot about asking her to do that so we had ice cream cake too.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To be back on an exercise schedule like I was a couple years ago.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Not very fashionable.
31. What kept you sane? My family, friends, chatting on the phone and blogging (of course).
Happy New Year!!
10 comments:
Happy New Year, Melanie. A year with a newborn is always an interesting thing. Hooray for Reed and Mamma Mia!
I love your list Melanie! I loved reading what you thought of the year. Here's to a new year!
Yeah 2009........ Happy New Year! Let the melt begin!!!
That was cool! I can't believe it's already 2009!
I am going to have to look up Apologize by One Republic. Maybe I just don't recognize the title? Maybe I am even more out of it than I know?
Okay, I looked it up - I know it, of course!
LOVE your list! I always love reading your blog! I wish for you all the best in 2009!!! (& a NEW house!) Lisa
Wonderful POST! :)
I think surviving your first year with 4 kids and feeling sane most of the time. IS a great personal achievement.:)!
Happy New Year.
Sounds like you had a great 2008! Happy New Year! I hope we get to see each other more in 2009!
Having a newborn who sleeps through the night at 1 month old is a huge gift!
Post a Comment