Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dribblers and Hoopsters

Last weekend our nights were spent at the high school watching out Little Dribbler, Nate and our Little Hoopster, Kat. Friday night was the boys turn to run around the gym while attempting to dribble the ball at the same time. This is Nathan's second year and while I think what he learns is kept at a minimum, his fun and excitement are through the roof.

This year, Kat wasn't taking a back seat. She wanted her turn and she looked forward to it every Saturday. Hands down the girl's program is run better and much more organized than the boy's. She would come home red faced and winded telling me that she 'almost made one close to the basket'. Love it.

My cousin's little girl (almost 5) got to sign up a little young because her dad is a coach. Lucky girl. These two had fun playing together each week and Teegan was hilarious with the ball and the drills. So tiny but moving the ball all over the place. Kat did too and the best was when she used her tongue for help, ha.

Dane loved being there too. Eating popcorn like crazy. Crying over licorice. Spilling water. Running around. Just being Dane, ha. He also danced like a crazed animal when they played warm up music and when the band played the drums extra loud.

Until next year Dribblers and Hoopsters....

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Fun! I hope at least one of my boys is into basketball. The pictures of Kathryn you took for her baptism and wonderful!

::lindsay said...

How fun! I think it's so great to watch them play at this age. Carson signed up for basketball this year too and it's...well...pretty hilarious.

Jill said...

Kat's hair always looks perfect. Do you cringe when you see pictures of Whitney's hair? I have no hair-doing skills whatsoever.

Brenda said...

So cute!

Carolyn said...

My mom said they were fun to watch. And cute too!

Heidi said...

I think watching the little kids play any sports is hilarious and so darling. When we were at the hockey game they brought out little kiddos to play hockey for a bit. It was so funny watching them miss the puck and fall all over each other on the ice. HA!

Chandra said...

I don't know who was more fun to watch. Kat as she was dribbling....or Nathan on the bleachers copying everything she did.

becca said...

I love basketball!! Such cute pictures! I love it!

Brady's Bunch said...

Great pics! Teagan loves the one with her and Kat! And good grief... who do these parents think they are getting their kids signed up early? :-) True to tell... Brady would have had her do it last year, too, if Teagan would have showed more interest. He is so afraid she will be the "cheerleader" rather than the player. Poor guy.

Shaila Lou said...

Look at those big kids! They look so cute. I wish I could have watched them. Although I wouldn't have wanted to be there with my kids as well!

michelle said...

Her hair looks cute even for basketball?? I'm hair impaired here.