Thursday, January 29, 2009

The King at 13 Months

Mister has become The King around here. The other day I found this sweet boy hitting Kathryn on the head (hard) repeatedly with a remote control and with every hit she winced and said, 'Ow'. Well, duh! I told her to move away and her response is similar to the boys when it comes to dealing with Reed. 'If I move away or take the remote away he cries.' SO! I guess they would rather get beat than hear the baby boy cry. Oh man we are going to be IN for it with this kid. He couldn't be cuter so we'll just have to deal with the attitude later. Famous last words.

His latest....

~He eats best with his hands but it makes the hugest mess. And sometimes I don't even bother with a bib because it in no way keeps his clothes clean. He was loving these Parmesan noodles but the clean up was a nightmare! He doesn't like to eat anything off a spoon unless it's yogurt, oatmeal or pudding. Three of his favorites.

This is when he finds his nose...

...and his eyes. Sometimes he switches which is which.

~He crawls over to my hair stuff, finds a comb and will sit and comb the top of his hair. (He also is driving me nuts and gets into my color, my cords. I try peer pressure and tell him his brothers didn't do that but he doesn't care!)

~He loves to babble and says Dada, Mama.

When I pick him up out of bed in the morning or after a nap he wants to bring his blanket with him but I've done the blanket drag everywhere with the other ones so one day I told him 'drop your blanket back in'. He hugged it tight and let it go. Now when I go to get him, he holds onto it just so he can drop it back in. It's so cute.

~He loves outside and when it finally warms up, I think he'll be crazy at the door to get out.

~He has balanced in one spot for close to 5 minutes but doesn't like to even try and take steps. He's taken a few but he'd rather drop down and crawl away. I can't wait for him to Franken-walk but I'd rather not have him running and getting into even more. So I'm fine with another month of not walking.

~His latest game is picking up the diapers and dumping them one by one into the laundry hamper. I have always kept them right next to each other and apparently, he just noticed.

~It's been his favorite game of the week. It takes him quite a while and so far it hasn't annoyed me. I think it's a cute game and really, I love that it keeps him busy and contained in one area.

~When we say 'All Gone' he stretches his hands out to the side and turns his palms up. Wondering where it all went. It's adorable! He started playing peek-a-boo with his ears (like cousin Preston) but a couple days ago he started putting his hands on his cheeks. He's getting closer to the eyes so it's something.

~We give him his Curious George stuffed monkey (or any stuffed animal) and say, 'Give it a love' and he proceeds to squeeze it to death while giving it the cutest hug with his head tilted to the side.

~He does give kisses on his terms.

I just love this baby boy so much. He lights up the house and is such a blessing.

{I tried hard to be obnoxious and get photos for each of these cute things. Like hugging an animal, showing 'all gone', standing still in one spot, etc. Again...HIS terms. Maybe another post.}

7 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

My cute baby boy! I need a hug right now. I'm so lucky that all my grandkids like me and he is no exception. He does sound like he is in charge! How did that happen? Love the pictures, keep them coming! GD

Carolyn said...

He is so stinking cute! And getting SO old!

Marion said...

Why do they have to grow up? They're so cute at this age! He was so cute yesterday climbing up and down the stairs. And I love that he gets excited when he sees me! Yes, I'm selfish, I guess! It was wonderful having the kids here yesterday! Even Macy thought so!
Love you, Mel!

Heidi said...

Cute pictures of him. I love that he does peekaboo with his ears too. Preston taught him well. :) That is too cute about him hugging his blanket. Preston will go to his crib and pull the blankets out of the crib.

Dustin and Tara said...

It reminds me of Kyden. I've been wanting to do an updated post on Kyden and all the things he is up too!

Shaila Lou said...

Ahh, he's so cute! What a big boy! I can't wait for these boys to get together next time were in town, they are going to be so much more destructive together!

michelle said...

Oh man. My boys will do just about anything to keep Eva from crying. It's frightening, I fear we're creating a monster! Most things seem to be on her terms...

I love what you said about Reed lighting up the house.