2. Marion hosts us each and every Sunday and we are grateful for such good service AND good food. She always makes a great meal and the kids love spending the afternoon up there. This week Mike asked Milo to say the prayer and at the end of his prayer he paused and asked that all of us to have a 'fun-filled family time'. We all noticed it, teased him a bit and wondered (out loud) what plans he had for the afternoon.Right after we were done eating a lovely dinner of meatloaf and potatoes, Milo sees Reed fall down the stairs. He jumps up with a planted foot, on his bad knee (torn acl in early December, playing church basketball no less), does a full body twist and screams out in pain. I run to Reed who was just fine, it was only a stair or two (baby gate is on the list of must gets!). Milo on the other hand was not fine. He hobbled into the kitchen and bent over the counter. After that he loses ALL color and we all start to get a little nervous. A healthy man standing there not very coherent with a grey color is not a good thing to watch. From the pain and shock, he started passing out and we had to remind him to breathe. It was SO stressful! He was slurring his words and rolling his eyes. The best line he gave was when Mike was dragging him to the car, Milo was somewhat refusing. Mike's response was so funny. He said, 'If you can't fight me off...you're going!' Milo couldn't even begin to fight him off so with Mike and Landon's help they loaded him into the car.
We took him to the ER and thank heavens it was a short visit without too many crazys there. They gave him some pain meds and the knee imobilizer above and sent him on his way. He already has a surgery scheduled for February 20th. We were going to postpone that a bit and enjoy Disneyland but looks like that will be a trip for the fall or next May. Dang heatlth anyhow. Really, I'm kidding and so thankful Milo is ok. Grateful for all the help and prayers too. Family is awesome.
3. Dane has been crazy about art this last little bit. He cuts, tapes, glues, rips, colors almost anything. Yesterday he was on a roll. He made this butterfly and I thought it was really cute. My favorite part is how he turned the paper for the wings. And how he signed his name and taped it next to it. I never let the other kids be that creative, I was psycho about the mess and the fighting of the supplies when all 3 of them were home all day. I'm so glad I've relaxed so that I get to enjoy cute art like this and.....
this. He cut the rhino out from the front a Rose Art coloring book and then drew him an easel. He said it was the rhino's painting. So adorable. When he tapes his art on the wall, he climbs on the dresser (after repeated demands not to) and reaches as high as he can for the perfect spot. Hopefully this climbing wont bring on another broken leg!A blib about the other 3-
---Kathryn has been having some funny blond moments this week. Yesterday she told me she had no idea what 'utensils' were when I asked her to put them away. I always use that word and she said she had never heard of it before. And this afternoon she told me she had no idea the difference between left and right! I asked her what hand she wrote with and she said she had no idea. What?! This girl, the girl that doesn't forget anything and is in the second grade doesn't know left and right. I better work on a few things around here.
---Nathan must be going though a growth spurt. He has slept in until 8 three times this week, he is eating seconds at almost every meal and by 6:30 after 12 1/2 hours of sleep the night before he is reduced to an exausted, tired, crying mess. Today I told him to stop growing so I could have a happy boy back. At least that made him laugh.
---Reed is refusing all food other than breakfast foods (pancakes, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, toast) and crackers. I hope it's because his mouth hurts from more teething (the hillbilly teeth are no more). He was so good about veggies and cheese and even meat just last week. Now he throws it all on the floor. I want my good eating baby back. Oh and while I'm at it, I want the napping baby back too. Now, he just lays there and kicks the wall so hard I'm afraid he's going to kick a hole in it. Crazy one year old!
4. Since Christmas I've been working at getting ahead with all my hair appointments. So far, no luck. I'm working at least a week behind and doing it almost everyday. It's not a big deal, I just have to do a lot more organizing as far as laundry and dinner go and that I'm not so good at. Definitely better at hair than organizing. Seriously, I could use lessons!
5. I can't remember the last time we had real, all day sunshine. My guess would be about a week but somehow those 7 days feel like 21. I miss it! Every morning I open the blinds hoping something will brighten the rooms but nothing. Just one day, that's all I want for now. Don't get me wrong a cloudy day has it's perks but enough already. One day!
Oh and one more thing....I'm not taking enough photos!
13 comments:
Sunday was an adventure...it was rather scary, though! Dane's pictures are so clever! Do we have an upcoming Monet? I like how he's signing his name to his artwork! He is such a smart and funny little guy! We are so blessed to have such wonderful kids and such "fun-filled family times"! (Milo doesn't get to pray anymore!) Hehe!! Love you....
Congratulations on 300! I am so glad to have so much recorded... I agree with not counting any of it as wasted. If it weren't for the commenters and friends I wouldn't have kept going so none of it is wasted.
Poor Milo. I am glad he is ok. Does he still have to wait 3 weeks for the surgery? I hope he heals fast!
James ate 90% of his food for the day by 10am until he was about six. He loves breakfast food and is pretty picky otherwise. He would eat enough dinner to get him to morning and then stockpile first thing. Your post made me miss it a little. (He asked for oatmeal multiple times a day and now he won't touch the stuff.)
Kathryn's moments are so funny. I love it. Dane's artwork is awesome. I especially love the rhino painting.
My sister (who also does hair) was just telling me that she needs organizing classes. We had some here in the fall but it never worked out that I could go. I can organize my problem is staying on top of the daily stuff.
300 posts?! Good job. Too bad about Milo's knee...again. If I were him I'd want it done soon too instead of living in pain- oh I guess he has pain meds. :)
Adorable artwork of Dane. That rhino painting is hilarious. I love seeing kids' creativity. Kathryn is such a blonde!!! Funny comments.
Doing all the hair will be nice to help out on the upcoming medical bills. :)
Hooray for 300 posts, that's awesome! It's upsetting to think of all the moments missed before blogging isn't it? I'm grateful I have 3 years worth documented now.
Poor Milo! That sounds so painful and scary.
I hope Milo is okay. That is never fun. My husband almost passed out on me once while I was prego and he was getting out of the shower. He had hurt his ankle and wanted to shower before we headed to the drs. Not smart.
Dland is better in the fall anyways.
Poor Milo! I am so glad he is ok, and you had help to get him into the car. I would pay money to see you do it by yourself! I am ready for the sun to shine here too! These dreary winter days are getting old fast. Oh wait...they have been old for months now!
Tell Milo to man up. Totally kidding, I hope the surgery goes okay. Come to Disneyland in June for Preston's baptism! All the cool people are coming then!
Poor Milo!
I love love love Reed's artwork! It is so cute.
Brent laughed so hard about Nathan growing and being exhausted after 12.5 hours of sleep the night before. Ha!
And, I sometimes forget things like Kat does. I don't know why, but I just really do forget. That probably doesn't make you feel any better though...ha
Oh I am so sorry for Milo!! I hope he is okay, I guess it was a good thing you hadn't postponed that surgery, right!?
Your kids are just so cute, I love the things they say!
And horay for 300!! Very impressive ( and I would not have any journal what so ever without the blog!)
Love Pop's line to Milo, "If you can't fight me off, you're going!" That is awesome. I'm so glad Milo is okay. Sounds like it would have been a scary moment. I've had this roll through my head that I would have told someone to do, had they called 911 about it! Haha! I miss those days!
Love Dane's creativity. Kathryn's blond moments...hilarious. I'm not blond, but sometimes I forget how to write "has"...seriously!
The lack of photos is most definitely the lack of sun. I'm having the same problem. I haven't pulled out my camera for a week, that might be a record!
oh my...what a scare....Hope he heals nicely. 300 POSTS...you are on a rolll, i am barely catching up on people...I fear, it iwll only be momentarily as i DON'T have the computer all the time.......but it was nice looking at the pictures...keep it up.!
Yay for 300 posts! And seriously blurb isn't printing anymore? I just uploaded my entire blog to that program. Bummer.....
Ouch about Milo! Glad it wasn't worse.
And if it makes you feel better Weston eats breakfast foods all day long. He refuses anything else!
Amazing, 300 posts! I have to catch up! You didn't even tell me about Milo's knee, and ALL Dane's pictures remind me of Kimble's. Love this stage!
Post a Comment