1. I finally got a decent photo of Reed's hillbilly teeth (you can really see them if you click photo larger). It just cracks me up that he hasn't gotten the other front tooth. I knew it was close so I sat tickling him and taking photos until one was half way decent. I've been determined to capture the missing tooth. A little blurry but I just love his crazy teeth (this was a couple days ago and it has since cut through).Today after I picked the big kids after school, Reed was not in a good mood. He's taken up screaming in the car and it is rather annoying. I handed Nathan a bag of Cheerios to feed him and a couple minutes later I hear him say this to Reed. 'One day you're going to be a gross boy like me and Dane.' I asked him why he would say that, he's a sweet baby. He answered back, 'Well I licked a Cheerio to see if he would eat it and he did. That's what gross boys do.' It was funny and well, a little frightening. I'm not sure how to handle 3 (!) gross boys. Such is life raising them I guess.
~Kathryn said, 'I am all the horses. All the teachers, even the P.E. teachers. All the moms, sisters and daughters.' It was so funny! She obviously loves horses and any position for being in charge, ha. Is that an oldest girl talking or what? I should know, I'm sure I said the same things.
~Nathan said, 'I will always be the eagle, he's my favorite guy.' He plays this eagle with quite an annoying bird sounds as it flies around.
~Dane said, 'I am the funny guys. The fox and the skunk.' When they sang their animal sounds the skunk noise was pu, pu, pu, pu. And the fox noise was waw, waw, waw, waw. Since Dane can't say his r's, that's supposed to be rar, rar, rar, rar. Ha ha. Milo and I were cracking up.
3. On Wed Reed went to the Dr. for his one year check up. He weighed in at 23 lbs (just above the 50%), measured 32" long (95%) with a head circumference of 19" (90%). Healthy, happy and a few comments about his thighs and cheeks. I love their squishy-ness! He was due for 5 shots and his cry about broke my heart. I hate when they look at you like, why are you doing this?! When I was getting him ready for bed, he crawled off just wearing his onesie. When he saw all these bandaids on his legs, he was so intrigued. He ripped one off and laughed. And kept it up until each one was ripped off. I was planning on soaking them off in the tub but he's no sissy!
4. How 'Wii' are spending our time lately. They noticed me taking this and had to focus to not make their normally crazy, playing faces as they played MarioKart (favorite game by far). They usually all play with their arms completely extended and faces twisted up. Love it!5. I thought I could make it to five but apparently that's stretching it this week.
14 comments:
I love the gross boy comment. At least he knows right? I spend yesterday with Jimmy and three of his brothers and they still seem 10 when they are all together. It is cute and frightening.
The bandaid picture is so sad. 5!
Yeah, boys are gross. Wait until they start stinking! When Alex turns into a stinky boy, he's getting moved to the basement!
Ah that Reed! Pinch those thighs for me (when they're no sore anymore)! He's such a cutie!
That gross boy thing is so funny and so something my boys would say and try.
Poor Reeds little legs. That just looks painful. His teeth are a crack up.
My kids love mario cart also. It is a favorite around here although I stink at it.
I love all of these! Too too funny. You have some interesting kids, that is for sure. Ha!
Loving Reed's little teeth. Winston finally had one break through on top, with another one almost through. Not the two front teeth, the fangs! I remember Quinn's doing the same thing.
Nathan's funny about being gross boys. I loved the puppet show! I love the imagination of kids!
Good post. Reed's hillbilly teeth are hilarious! He needs a flipper until the baby tooth comes in! HA! j/k :)
Love the puppet show and the sound affects. Boys are gross. :)
Man, I thought they combined some of the shots so they didn't have to get so many- ouch!
Glad to see our present is still the fav!
Oh, what funny kids! When you post about them it makes me laugh out loud! Those boys will never by gross in GraMimi's eyes! They're all such sweet kids! And I'm glad computers, blogging, etc., exists to write down and capture all these precious moments!
I heart the hillbilly teeth. My friends baby got her eye teeth first so she looked like some kind of crazy vampire baby. And Nathen is right, boys are gross, and apparently they never grow out of it.
That gross boy comment is HILARIOUS!! I would have died laughing! Its so cute the way kids think!
Brody needs his shots too (in fact we are REALLY REALLY behind because everytime I am supposed to take him in he has either been sick, or had a runny nose and I would just say...oh next time!) I am dreading it, but NEED to get him in!
The 'gross boy' comment, the puppet show, the self concious for Wii pictures, the whole thing. Your kids are such a joy.
That comment about the cheerios is so funny! I have to agree with Amy what is it about older boys and stink? I think that is why I still put Baby lotion on Weston. I am in denial.
I admit to being behind in blogville, but man you have been on a roll lately!.. Love the pics of Kat, the puppet show, and the spt--I've gotta do that, do you know how to crop out double chins?!
Yes, boys are gross! But, wait till they start punching everyone and everything!! Oh, the beauty of little boys that grow up into bigger boys!!! Good luck!
Love your cute post! And the mellow children playing the wii! I always try to get a picture of my kids playing dodgeball on playground wii (STeve is usually right in the middle of it all!) but they mellow out the second they spot the camera! We need to sneak a little bit sneakier picture taking! Lisa
One day he'll be a gross boy -- that is classic! You've got your hands full, Melanie.
That photo with 5 band-aids is very sad! And how funny that he ripped them off himself.
Post a Comment