I have so many cute shots from the day Kathryn was baptized but the color was really off in this one. I'm so excited the challenge this month was to manipulate a black and white photo and stay away from the boring grayscale. Perfect.
The story behind her 'photo shoot' that day is pretty funny too. I knew we didn't have a lot of time (or light) that day to capture her in her white dress and happy face but I was determined to get some on the actual day of her baptism. I've been mad before about lost photo opportunities and I didn't want this to be one of them. Once her hair was done, the clock was ticking. I had a quick thought for Milo to load up Nathan and Dane (Reed was napping thank heavens), drive down the hill to the gas station and fill the van that was on empty. I knew that wouldn't leave much time but it was that or nothing. So I sent the 'men' to get gas and us girls stayed behind for photos. I threw the blinds open, draped the black sheets and applied a little lip gloss. Good thing she's such a compliant little girl! It was all the time we needed to get 100+ photos to choose from and almost every one shows her sparkly eyes.Next up with some of these photos.... maybe a grid or bubbles to frame on her wall. Learned that from Take Out Photo too. Thanks Marc!
9 comments:
You are kidding! I thought you hired someone!
Good job! I love how the men had to vanish to the gas station. HA! Of course she was compliant because she probably loved the photo shoot. What doesn't she love?! Adorable pictures- love the dress still.
She looks so old! (And, you are officially hired to take all pictures of my kids important events in their lives. ALL of them!) Also, I love her missing teeth mouth. It is so cute.
Great job Mel! They look awesome. I love that first picture of her. She looks too old and pretty! I love that girl!
Darling but I especially LOVE the top photo. You did a great job!
Our pretty little girl. Our blessed little girl. Our happy little girl. Our smart little girl. Our funny little girl. Our best little girl. We couldn't love her more!
Wow, I am so impressed by your impromptu photo session! It totally looks professional. She looks beautiful too. You are a great photographer. I wish I had such natural talent...
Sounds like the typical wonderful-stressful-emotional-spiritual kind of day it should be!!
So glad to see you posting for the black and white monthly special. I love how the top photo brings out her eyes. Photos of children always work so well in black and white.
She looks so beautiful! Way to work the situation so you could get the shots you wanted, they're fabulous.
Post a Comment