Monday, February 23, 2009

It's a Good Day When

  • You get your one year old back to sleep after he wakes up before 6am...again! I'm determined to break this habit.
  • Only one load of laundry remains in the basket.
  • I got out of the house sans kids to shop a bit.
  • Milo once again took care of pick up.
  • You make quesadillas for dinner and the kids get so excited they start clapping! (Love easy dinners)
  • We needed milk and I sent Milo to the store. I mentioned the good deals the store was having and he wrote a list down in the car once he dropped Kat off at clogging. He shopped it up and was so proud of his money saving skills. He saved $40 and only spent $50. He even called his mom up to spread the news. She said he could be her personal shopper. It might be his next job, ha!
  • It rained after dinner. Really rained and I loved the sound on the house and the smell as I ran out to the van and came in soaked.
  • We laughed our heads off playing 'Don't Eat Pete' for FHE (one of the games we played at out primary activity on Sat). Every time we yelled 'Don't Eat Pete'....Dane jumped with fright. It was so funny! And Reed constantly tried to eat the whole game board. Good times.
  • When it was Kathryn's turn to say the prayer she started it, 'Dear Heavenly Fatha' in a very distinct English accent and right after that went right into her normal voice. Milo and I made eye contact and smiled but didn't say anything and just went on to listening to her prayer. As soon as we all said 'Amen' and without even skipping a beat Dane says to Kathryn, 'Why are you praying like a Queen? You think you're a Queen or something?' What in the world?! It was all Milo and I could do to not die laughing! Kat apparently had no idea she was using an accent and sat there with the funniest, dazed look on her face. Oh it was funny.
  • Relaxing tonight getting ready for tomorrow. Today was good.

8 comments:

Korbi said...

it was funny, Kortni was like streesing out to get the FHE done, but I wa so proud, she did it! I also LOVE the rain!!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Good day, indeed. It made me happy just reading it. Can't wait to find the grocery deals. Way to go, Milo.

steve and lisa said...

Trent gave our 'don't eat pete' lesson last night. We all really enjoyed his lesson! Thanks for putting the lesson together! Your work is appreciated! Except he kept calling Helaman, Helium! Hope you are doing okay!!!!

becca said...

Horray for a good day! And how great that Milo will do the shopping for you! Sometimes getting to the store with little kids is just too much!!

Your kids are so cute! I love hearing what they do and say!

Jill said...

I love it when a day ends up being great like yours did.

Shaila Lou said...

The prayer story is hilarious! Love it! Sounds like you had a better day then me, I've had two bad days in a row! Just not right!

Heidi said...

"Don't Eat Pete!!!" That is hilarious it scared Dane. ha! That's funny about the prayer- thanks for the laugh. Glad it was a good day and you had a personal shopper.

Robyn said...

I like how you recorded all the good things about your day... I need to do this more often! It's the simple things in life that make us happy, right?