Sunday, February 22, 2009

Some for Sunday

We haven't been up to much of anything the past few days. We've played games as a family, went to the library and took a Saturday afternoon drive. We Redboxed a couple movies (Secret Life of Bees & Madagascar 2), went to a primary activity, attended a baptism and didn't clean nearly enough. A pretty quiet weekend. And just a few more for documenting.
  • Last night when I was getting ready to go to bed Nathan came stumbling out of his room so sick and burning up with a fever. His fever was 103.5 and it came out of nowhere. We had just been to a baptism and nothing was wrong with him there. I had to tell him to sit still at least 10 times. When he got up out of bed he was shaking and said he felt so sick he didn't want to go back in his bed. I made him a bed on the couch and stayed up with him long enough for the motrin to kick in and then went in and tried to sleep myself. Knowing he was so sick, I got up a few times to check on him and even sent Milo a time or two. He woke up with a much lower fever thank heavens but he and I (Reed too) stayed home from church today. You know this boy is sick when he doesn't move off the couch all day long and doesn't act goofy even once! When I thought he was feeling better I begged him to act silly and he said he just couldn't do it. He did perk up a bit before bed so I'm hoping it was just some 24 hr bug and he'll be fine in the morning. And I'm crossing my fingers no one else gets it.
  • This is for my mom. When I talked to her after my last post she said she missed Dane and needed a photo of him too. This is today right before church.
  • He is such a funny kid. Today after church he was so tired and this usually translates into rude talk and naughty behavior for him. Our 1-4 time isn't so hot for him either. I mentioned to Milo that Nathan and I snuggled on the couch for quite a while and this totally set Dane off. He looked at both Nathan and I so mean and yelled, 'What do you guys think you're popular or something?!' It was so hard not to laugh because that sets him off even more but where does he get this stuff?
  • With at least 80% accuracy, every time I wash Nathan's sheets and Milo makes his annoying top bunk, he wets the bed the first night back in them (I'm sure he'll love me typing that). So just to make sure the bunk bed sheets are uber clean, both beds have been done twice this week! Why does he do this?
  • Everyone keeps asking how Milo and I are doing with so much together time this past week. It's funny because they assume we're ready to kill each other. So much stress was lifted a week ago and while it was replaced with another stress, the difference between the two has been noticeable. I'd give us an A- for this first week. We're not sure if we can keep that grade up but we're really working on it!
  • We had a primary activity yesterday and ONE family not in the presidency showed up. We had lots of fun games for them to teach their families, gave them an FHE lesson to take home and teach and had fun treats. It was disappointing but what can you do? Our one saving grace is that between us as a presidency we had 11 kids there. Plus the 4 from the one family that came. So 15 isn't a total bust, those kids had fun.
  • I really wanted to take some photos yesterday for the monthly photo challenge from Take Out Photo because of the gorgeous sunshine we were enjoying. I convinced the kids and Milo it would be fun but when it came right down to it, the only one that cooperated was this bull, ha! (Maybe next week I'll sneak out by myself.)

12 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...

ohhh it is sooo scary to have a child get sick specially sooo of a sudden...I am glad to have alf that is soo cool and tempered, I freak out immediately, I should be more calm and collected after all my father is a doctor, but NO! he looks good...hope he feels good and it doesn't get anyone else sick....

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Melanie, it makes me laugh that you think you don't have anything to blog about when you always have things.

That is such a handsome picture of Dane.

One other family? Oh, that is disappointing.

See you tomorrow.

Barb said...

I am laughing about your direct and indirect contribution to the primary party. Sorry to be laughing. It is a bummer not to have more families participate. I think it is just the way you told it.

Brenda said...

Poor Nathen. I hope he woke up super perky for you today. And is Dane just the most handsome guy ever? I'll bet he's totally popular.

Granny DeeAnn said...

My Daner! Thanks for the picture. So sorry Nathan was so sick. Hope no one else gets it too. Look for a cheap ticket to come to Vegas. Take advantage of a weaned baby and a stay at home dad!!! :o)

Shaila Lou said...

Wow, I think Granny DeeAnn has a good idea! And while you're at it, take me with you!

Such cute pictures of Dane! Good job! I love his little attitude and jealousy. That is the funniest thing!

I hope Nathan is feeling better and went to school today!

Love you all!

Holly said...

Dangit! I hate sick kids... I hope he is feeling better even as I type this. So stinking funny "popular" comment. I seriously laughed out loud on that one! Hang in there guys!

donna said...

wow so sorry about Nathan. It is amazing how fast kids can get sick. The samething happen to Jakob. He went to bed on Thursday fine and woke up Friday with a fever.

I hope Nathan feels better soon.

Oh the picture of Dane is so cute.

The Gang said...

UUGGGHHH! I feel for ya my kids have been sick since last week with high fevers too. Jase still didn't go to school today. She has had it the worst-since wed. night. I think she should be good tommorrow. I love reading your blog cuz your kids' comments make me laugh out loud. Love looking at your pics too. Inspiration for an aspiring.

jenny said...

Your boys are so cute. I can't believe how quickly he got a fever. scary! Hope he is feeling better.

As far as changing the sheets..that happens to me more often than not. It makes me crazy! Thankfully our bunk beds are now apart which makes it much easier to change.

Lucy said...

An A- is great! And the primary activity had me boiling too. I get why people don't come...we're all too busy, but why do we have to plan any of it then? I'm afraid for the enrichment event I'm planning in a few weeks. So much work for who knows how many?

Heidi said...

Cute pictures of Dane all dressed like a big boy! Good suggestions on the movies. I want to Red Box them too! I know what to do this weekend. :) Poor Nathan- what a high temp he had! I'm glad he started to feel better. I'm glad you and Milo are getting along. ha!