1. Yesterday we had a Girl's Day Out. Marion, Shaila and I went out of town, met up with Brianne and her kids and shopped around all day. It was a fun, much needed day. Milo was a champ with the kids. Nathan had a soccer game and it was our turn for treats, Dane had soccer practice at the same time and I didn't come home until after the kid's bedtime. He made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner and had it warm and ready to eat when we got here. It was really good. Way to go Milo!
2. The part for our washer came today. Milo is going to fix it tomorrow (hopefully) and after that I'm afraid my Saturday will be filled with loads and loads of all the laundry that was ignored all week. It's been a nice break but today when a couple baskets reached their limit or rather exceeded their limit as it overflowed, I no longer welcomed the break and thought about all the work ahead. Ugh.
3. The past month I've let stress lead the way and my pants (all clothes really) are much too tight. I have been so sluggish and unmotivated and of course, I've stress eaten way too many times. I have to, have to get myself back on track. There just isn't another option. A never ending climb on this mountain!
4. I was greeted by a persistant house fly on this first day of spring when the kids left the front door open so I know it has to be true. Please, please spring.... stick around! I love spring. The sun. The cool evenings. The flowers. All of it. Yeah for spring.
5. I thought I had 5, but sadly the 5th is just whining, complaing and downright negative talk about still not having a job. I don't even want to write it or read it later so I'll spare you too. Let it be known, we're still annoyed with no job and we're still looking.
5 comments:
Mel, my heart is aching for you. We are praying every day that Milo (and Kyle) will find jobs. It is ok to whine every once in a while. As long as you whine, then move on. Try not to dwell on it. Every day when I am complaining my head off about my awful job, I try to think of you guys and how I need to be grateful I have a job.
Keep having fun nights out with your friends...you need it and you deserve it ! Hang in there...we love you!
Ah, dang. I wish you had a job, too, AND a laundry fairy.
I'm glad you had a great girls' day.
What's wrong with whining? It's Carson's motto. I'm sure you're getting sick of hearing this, but hang in there. Something will happen soon. We love you.
A whole girls day out sounds dreamy (so does Milo).
Milo earns big points for making dinner! What a fun girls night out. I'm glad you were able to go (good thing Milo doesn't work!).
Post a Comment