Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This Week

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. The week is flying by for me. It's been a stressful few days since Sunday and I'm glad they're behind me. There was drama at church on Sunday (adrenaline, loud voices and tears were involved, enough said), our washer started leaking a significant amount of water, we still (!) haven't heard about the job even after calling and talking to them on Monday, many, many health insurance issues that have almost sent me over the edge and more that's escaping me right now. I've been a bit on the grouchy side this week and it's been mostly at night. I feel so much more stress then, I'm not sure why. I should just head to bed but..... I don't. A few others from this week....

A week and a half ago our YW had a camp fundraiser that was babysitting. It was at the gymnastics gym in town (a friend in my ward owns it) and the kids were so excited to go. It was a quick date, Milo and I just went out to dinner and picked them up right after but they loved it. Right when we got there I noticed Nathan limping but he's a dramatic sort and I just figured it would be fine in the morning. He limped in the morning too. And the only time he wasn't limping was when he was walking on the ball of his foot or the side of his foot. And when we would ask him if it hurt he was super evasive. A little, he'd say. Sometimes. It was frustrating to decide to take him in or not. I thought it was getting better but last night after soccer, he came in barely walking. Ugh!!

I finally took him in today for an X-ray. It doesn't look like he has a broken ankle/heel. The radiologist will read the films too and we'll know for sure then but so far, all signs point to no. Please, no broken bone! Who knows why it's still hurting. Also this morning he woke up with a matted shut, swollen eye! When I took him into the Dr.'s office, I told him my 7 yr old was falling apart on me, ha. So after few X-ray's and with some pink eye medicine in hand, we were on our way. He loved skipping school day today. He lived it up playing the Wii with Dane and lazing around on the computer and watching TV. It was all pretty evident to me that 7 yr olds belong in school with energy burning recess!

Today was a fabulous spring day. Gorgeous sun, no wind. I loved it. I, along with almost everyone else I know, am so ready for spring. I want green grass (ours is still far from it), blue skies, time outside. I'm ready for all of it.

Milo went outside with Nathan and Reed to play a little soccer. Reed was actually kicking the ball, following it all around the whole yard. It was adorable! He is unstoppable when the door opens, he has his own version of running right to it to try and escape.

Of course we would clap and smile while he toddled around with the ball and he was so proud of himself. He just isn't looking like a baby anymore. He's still my baby but this is a 2T sweatshirt (still a little big) and watching him kick the ball and act like a boy makes me realize it's over. He's moving on to toddlerhood.... sniff, sniff.

He's trying to find his left hand and wave to Milo as he left to go get Kathryn from school. He has definitely grown to love all the daddy time this past month. Milo will even take him on short errands, I think Milo loves it too.

It came today, I have my blog book!


I didn't have super high expectations for it (meaning paper, photo quality), I just really wanted a tangible copy of my blog and I can honestly say, I love it! It's my new reading material at night, I've been through it twice already. I reread almost every post when I was in the editing process but now that the book is in my hot little hand, I'm reading them again. Who knew I'd find myself interesting enough to reread the posts so many times, ha. I would do a few thing differently next time but all in all, it works for me. It makes all the blogging worth it. Totally worth it.

Reed's antics right before bedtime last night. He thought he was so funny (and we all thought he was so cute). Right now he is so, so busy and gets into everything within his reach. Thank heavens he doesn't climb. At almost 15 months he started folding his arms during prayer, pulls apart a bathroom in 2.3 seconds, loves being outside more than anything, has totally become a daddy's boy, throws away his diaper after it's changed, jabbers all day long and is an adorable, loveable, mess finding one year old.

10 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I can't WAIT to see your book, Melanie. Please do tell what you would do differently.

I was going to say the same thing when I saw Reed in the first picture: he's a little boy!

Oh dear. Drama at church is never good.

Hmmm. I wish my hair would grow faster so I could come see you. It sounds like we have some catching up to do.

Holly said...

Reed is looking so little boyish. Bye bye baby!Congrats on your book...it looks and sounds fabulous! Hope the drama at church works it's self out. Miss you!

Amie said...

I'm sorry about the stressful week... they are so draining. I stress at night too, not a good plan.

You should post about what you would do differently for those of us not as on the ball as you are....

I have bruised my heel before, they are so tender... I hope Nathan is doing better and it is nothing more than worrisome.

becca said...

Oh Melanie I am so excited about your book! I really need to do that!

I am sorry so sorry about your week. Stress is the worst...it makes everything harder! I hope things get better soon!

Reed is so cute! What a little doll!

and poor Nathan! I hope his foot is okay!

Brenda said...

Yeah your book came! I'm almost finished with my new book. I've been reading last years to the boys everynight at bedtime. They love to hear stories about themselves too:) They think they're pretty special. You're right about Reed. He's huge. Aging stinks. And church drama is no fun either. The good news is that your life is interesting enough to put down on paper and is evidently re-readable! Congrats!

donna said...

oh am so glad your book came. I so enjoy reading my blog book. Enjoy this wonderful weather.

Laurie said...

Melanie, your book sounds/looks wonderful. What a keepsake! I need to do this too.

Reed definitely sounds like a toddler in the making. It's such a busy busy busy age when they're 12-18 months!

Sure hope the job hunt goes smoothly and you get word soon!

Heidi said...

I love the pictures of Reed and the soccer ball. Too cute. I'm glad you had fabulous weather. That always helps the mood. That's weird about Nathan's foot. I wonder what's wrong with it and pink eye??? Great. Don't spread it. :)

Shaila Lou said...

Man, I need to get on the band wagon and write a blog. I am so behind on it. UGH!

Oh my goodness, little Reedis is so stinking cute kicking that ball. I love the picture of him with the Q-tips too. Man he's a cute boy. They really do run in our family!

I love your book, the little I saw of it that is. I need to come up for a tutorial on it and I can give you some in photoshop!

P.S. Winston could give Reed a few lessons on climbing if you'd like. Just so that you don't get bored having a one year old around.

jenny said...

I think I need to get a move on since I believe my 3 years of blogging is going to have to be split in two or three different books. How exciting to get that in the mail.

I have almost forgotten how busy that age is! He is so cute.