Dane has been obsessed with Leprechauns since St Patrick's Day. At preschool they went on a treasure hunt to find one all around the gym. I found this note in the window this morning. Apparently, Kathryn helped him write this and he put it in the window so that the sneaky Leprechaun would know he's being tracked. I thought it was so funny. I love the letters he messed up on and how he put a big X on each one. It says.....From: Dane To: Lepercan
I went on a treasr haut and (many X's) tried to find you.
(The red and black drawing on his note is preschool kids hunting around the trampoline to find the sneaky Leorechaun)
I went on a treasr haut and (many X's) tried to find you.
(The red and black drawing on his note is preschool kids hunting around the trampoline to find the sneaky Leorechaun)
We've been growing out Kathryn's bangs since November and they've reached a really annoying stage. They aren't long enough to tuck behind her ears and yet long enough now to be in her face without the standard side ponytail. Since I still can't do laundry (Milo is gone until the afternoon and is fixing it then), I thought what the heck, I'll give her a perm. I laughed too because I pretty much swore I would never perm my daughter's hair.
I called my mom and told her to talk me out of it or I was going to do it. She half way tried but by that point I was pretty set. My thought process was to perm it, cut it shorter so the bangs are close to matching her length and not nearly annoying as they catch up to the rest of her hair. She has really nice hair and I love it straight so this is not going to be something I do every 6 months.She was, and this is no surprise, so good during the whole ordeal. She never complained once. Never told me it was burning her head until after everything was taken out and she sat still the whole time. I remember bawling (!) every single time my mom would give me a perm. I hated them and why she pushed on and gave me 3 or more a year, I will never know! So really the perm is the only repeating history because thankfully she didn't act like me!
I think she looks adorable! Who knows how long it will last (kid's hair sometimes doesn't hold curl very long) but I don't care, I'm pretty sure it will help her long, in her face bangs to not annoy me as they grow. I've caught her looking in the mirror quite a few times, she says she really likes it too.
18 comments:
I had a perm as a child and it was a total disaster! But Kathryn looks so cute! It turned out great- good job Melanie!
Cute curls Kat. That is what Grandma Dee Ann uesd to do to your mommy and all of her cousins!!! You are such a happy girl. I love you...
Dane, did you ever find the Leprechaun you were looking for? Maybe he is down here in Las Vegas. I will look for him here and I will let you know if I find him!!! Is he green?
Oh Melanie, it's darling! I love Katherine's curls. I'm so glad you did it.
That is one laborious note. Good for Dane.
How dang cute! I love the curls Kat! Sooo perfect for your great little personality! Dane...Tyson is pretty sure the leprechaun is here in Utah. In fact he is VERY positive it is here! If I happen to see it I will send it your way!
The perm turned out cute. I hope the maintenance is low and works out. Good job!
That note is too funny. I think that is so funny he puts a big X through the wrong letter/word. ha!
Love Dane's letter. I love this stage when they mess up and don't care enough yet that they have to start over.
Kathryn's hair is way cute. She looks adorable, as always. I remember loving getting my hair permed as a little girl, so she must take after me!
like I said at Wal-Mart... ADORABLE!!!!
You have got to be the coolest mom ever since you know how to do everything to your girls hair! The perm turned out really cute. My mom used to give them to us growing up. Even the boys.
Granny DeeAnn ain't lying--I was ONE when I got my first perm ONE I have the photos to prove it. Kat your hair curls, mine never behaved so well after a perm. You look gorgeous.
Flashbacks of my mom perming my hair...oh, I HATED the smell and the burn. Yes, I was a whiny one!
The letter is too cute. My friend and her family set a trap for a Leprechaun, but didn't catch it..maybe Dane was onto something!
Kat's curls are darling. She is such a cutie!
Her hair looks darling! Great idea to perm it. I'm impressed that everyone got their perms from their moms!
I still have a burning memory of those yukky perms my mom gave me. You do a much better job, and Kat has already learned the fine art of being patient for the price of beauty. She looks so cute!
Loved Dane's note. Really loved Kat's perm. Perm solution must run in our veins.
from one previously permed girl to another....it looks great!
I loved getting perms when I was little. She looks adorable!
Love the pics, I have one of me at that age with grandma Lybbert perming my hair. She does look really cute!! Miss you!!
Post a Comment