Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We Have a Washer

{love the spinning clothes!}

I'm happy to report, I have a washer again! Yeah for me. I'm so, so proud of Milo for fixing it (his first major appliance repair) and I'm so, so thankful for Google. With Google's help, Milo found the owner's manual online, complete with a parts diagram of the innards. He googled the part to find it for the best price, had it shipped in 2 days for only an extra $12 (less than we spent at the laundromat on Saturday) and had it fixed in 15 minutes! I'll admit, I did doubt him just a bit because I've never seen him fix something as big as a washer but he fabulously proved me wrong, he's a fixer man! Right now I'm hearing the lovely sound of draining water and it's not all over my floor. It's the little things that make me happy. The smell of fresh laundry being one of them!

We've had a disgusting 'pink eye' sickness this week. Last week Nathan missed school on Wednesday when I took him to the doctor for the his nasty, red, swollen eye. He had been getting the drops for almost 24 hours and had no redness/gunk so I sent him to school on Thursday (don't judge in case you would have kept him home, ha). Apparently he went to school and told a recess teacher he had pink eye. She sent him to the office and they called saying it looked 'a little red'. I had Milo go pick him up, I didn't want him being the sick, pink eyed kid that had to sit by himself. So drops in both eyes for 5 days. Nothing, no redness, swelling, nothing. Until yesterday morning, the other eye was crusted shut. No school for him yesterday either. If I could get this boy to keep his hands clean and out of and off of his face, maybe it would just go away. Probably just a pipe dream. He is a 7 yr old boy after all.

Milo and I are planning to get to the temple this next week sometime. The kids have spring break so it should be easier to find a babysitter. We really need the time alone to just talk and ride in a quiet car. An hour and a half each way with no chattering kids interrupting us sounds lovely. Hopefully soon.

Let's see what else. Not much really. I don't like that I've been a bit on the snappy, grouchy side the past couple days. The weather hasn't been spring like and that's annoying to me this time of year. I want sun (and no wind!). We froze at Dane's game last night (he made his first goal, go Dane!) The huge piles of laundry sitting around haven't helped either. I had lots of offers to go and use washers and in an emergency I would have. I was holding out for today and it worked. Here's to being caught up on laundry and other tasks I took on since I couldn't wash clothes.

14 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray for a washer! Go Milo! I am thrilled for you. I agree with the weather thing...geesh! Can't it be spring already? We had 70 degrees a few days ago and it is supposed to snow today. How annyoing! Shorts and sweaters do NOT all fit in the dresser at the same time!
Good job Dane on your first goal! Way to go! Mel, you are gonna feel so great when all your laundry is done...so hang in there! Cheerier days are on their way. Still praying for you every day!

donna said...

so glad you have a washer again!!!!!
So sorry about the pink eye. Oh that is the worst. Jakob had it a coupe of weeks ago.

Becky Noftle said...

We have spring break next week too--- so I command (cousins can do that you know) you to bring the kiddos to my house to play with my kiddos whilst you temple attend. Plus I don't charge--well you have to bring back something chocolate--but that's not much of a charge is it?

Brenda said...

Milo's on my best husband pedestal now. Michael was there for his Valentines Treasure Hunt, but fixing a washer and saving hundreds of dollars? That deserves my prize. There's no money or trophy involved but my approval must mean everything to these men, right?

I'm sending you good thoughts and hopefully a little of my sunshine your way, love you!

Chandra said...

Glad you got your washer fixed. Way to go Milo. I'm impressed.
Dane....way to go on getting your first goal. You are awesome!

Marion said...

Way to go, Milo! Another job possibility? Ha, ha! I'm glad your washer is fixed and all is well in the laundry department. Now get rid of the "pink eye"! Can you order a part for that?

Heidi said...

That's awesome Milo fixed the washer! Good job! Doing loads of laundry doesn't sound fun, but I guess it would if it's been laying around your house for a while.

Good job Dane on scoring a goal. That is exciting for him!

Heather said...

Yea for the washer- and especially for Milo! Hope you guys made it to the temple- such a hard thing to do for some reason isn't it- and ours is only 1/2 hr away! Miss you guys. We are coming to Royal on the 8th- let's be sure to get together!

Chad and Jaycie said...

I know you already have an offer, but I would love to watch your kiddos for you while you go the the temple if needed. That is the only thing that keeps us from going on a regular basis. We are right on the way.......

Granny DeeAnn said...

I can't think of anything worse than a broken washer....... maybe pink eye! It will be a better week with clean clothes!!! :o)

Melinda said...

That is so awesome Milo fixed your machine! That is huge! What a blessing.

Sorry about the pink eye. I hate that.

Laurie said...

Don't you just love Google and handy husbands!!

I hope you get that temple break. I'm feeling that need too and so far haven't had the sitter.

I sure feel for you with the pink eye. We had it last year and it was so frustrating to deal with!

Robyn said...

Glad to hear you have a washer again! I am so impressed that Milo figured out how to fix it online. I love the internet!! Makes you happy to have clean clothes again, doesn't it? It's like when we moved back from Australia and I had a dryer again. I loved every single load that came out of that dryer. I still (after 18 months) enjoy freshly dried clothes!

Shaila Lou said...

I'm so glad Milo was so handy and got it fixed! Go Milo!

It's still hilarious what Nathan said to his teacher on the playground. I can just see him "bragging" it up.

I hope you can make it to the temple. You guys are definitely in need of the trip.

P.S. We came home to a few inches of snow...isn't that lovely!