I feel like we're just more of the same each day around here. I haven't been taking very many photos and most of the time, that deters my blogging. I know it shouldn't but it does. I thought I'd just post bullet style what's been going on. The shortened version of course because I think of posts to write when I'm nowhere near a computer!
Kat had her first performance for clogging on the first Saturday in May. You can tell, the costumes are loud. One thing for sure, we wont lose her in a crowd, especially with all the little orange fuzzies that fly all over the place. I think this will be her last year. She likes it but hasd decided she wants to move on and try soccer or swimming. Both of which I think are a better fit for her. She's a great runner and has the endurance for swimming. I'm glad she's had fun with clogging though and I'll admit I've had fun doing her hair.
Friday after school we had a primary activity and had the best turn out we've had in a long time. I don't even mind having an activity when people show up. They kids made these recipe/photo holders (there is a small clothes pin behind the flower) as a Mother's Day gift for their moms. They were so excited to choose the color of their flower and wrap a gift for their mom. I'm excited no more primary activity for a couple more months.
Saturday Anna and I went shopping. I asked Milo to give me the day for Mother's Day and he went for it. It was fun to get out of town, eat out, shop around. I found a few things I needed and we both called the day a success. I had my camera in my bag the whole day and not one photo to show our happy faces in a mall. I'm already thinking about the next time we get out of town to real stores. Hopefully it's not too far away.
Mother's day was nice. I still haven't figured out how to relax and enjoy a day such as this. I'm at the point with primary that I miss hearing a spiritual lesson every now and then and especially on Sundays like yesterday. I admit to a few grumpy moments yesterday (hopefully not more than a few!) but still my family bore smiles and gave hugs. Thank heavens kids are forgiving! Now if we could do away with 1:00 church, I'd never ask for a Mother's day gift again.
I do love my family, my kids are amazing. They love me, say funny things, know the gospel and love to learn. They sing, write stories, draw photos and have the best laughs. I love each one of them! I love all my 'other mothers' too. I have had and still do have some pretty amazing examples of wonderful mothers in my life, the list is long. What a blessing!
I finally loved the gift our ward gave us mothers. I love geraniums but never keep them alive. I love chocolate but don't need it, especially this year. They gave us a copy of the new Gospel Art Book. It's full of 130 some photos and really good quality. It will come in handy for FHE, talks and lessons. The gift that keeps on giving, nice.
After a short visit to celebrate with Milo's mom we came home for dessert at our house. We had root beer floats and the kids loved it. Nice and easy. On the way home Reed was being so silly, pursing his lips and making the funniest faces. He is getting to such a fun age. Frustrating at times, but fun.
This boy is so crazy about the vacuum (after my own heart). He loves to 'help' me and runs over when I plug the vacuum in. He doesn't want help holding the handle, he can do it himself. That is, until it gets too heavy and it falls over. And then he cries because all he really wants to do it vacuum the floor.I felt a little mean giving him the handle back to try for a photo, especially since it kept falling over but I just could help it. He's just too cute, even if he's a bit blurry!
Since we're on the subject of Reed, he's killing me with his nighttime habits. He doesn't suck his thumb anymore (sniff, sniff) and it's so hard to go from a self soothing baby to one that can't seem to make it happen and get back to sleep without a snuggle from his mom or lots and lots of screaming. All I can say is, it's annoying!
I'm half joking, half serious about taking a trip when school's out. Of course we don't have $$ for a big trip and lots of sight seeing so I'm putting family on high alert. I'm thinking we'll just pack up the kids and start driving sometime in June. So if you live in Idado or Utah, here's your only warning..... we might stay with you for an undisclosed amount of time, ha. And if we're feeling wild, we'll drive all the way to Vegas and see my mom (there's your warning mom!).
Great post Mel. I'll consider myself warned! You guys can cat sit Stormy! Ha Kathryn looks so old with her grown up teeth. I will miss her clogging. Maybe Reed can vacuum my floor. I don't think my vac is as heavy as yours. Very cute family picture. Umm, root beer floats......... Glad you had a happy MD. XOXO Mom
Kat looks soo cute in her costume! I LOVE it! I hate 1:00church too...we have been there for a year and a half! YUK!I am glad you had a good day out shopping. You HAVE to do that every once in a while! Come to Utah any old time...and stay with us as long as you'd like! We'd LOVE to have you!
Do you ever look at pictures of your family and wonder how you got to be a real family?! The picture of you guys is great... it makes me feel more like it belongs with the family I come from instead of one of my friends. So crazy, where does the time go?
I love your summer plans warning... it cracked me up.
Kathryn's dance picture is so cute... We did dance for a short time when Jessica was little but I much prefer the sports...
Kathryn's picture is so cute! wow that is one bright outfit! Glad you were able to have a fun girls day out with Anna. It is always so nice to get away for a few hours with a good friend. I hope you have a great week!
You can pack your bags and come to my house, too! Kathryn looks so grown up in the clogging picture! She looks like a preteen and isn't that scary?! Mother's Day was such a gift! You are so wonderful and I know motherhood gets overwhelming at times but you are your children's everything. You're so special!
Oh that picture of Reed is too cute! Brody loves the vacuum too! He likes anything that is loud and big. So different from my girls who are STILL afraid of the vacuum!
Your mother's day sounds nice, especially getting a day to go out and shop without the kids...smart!!
Such cute photos of the kids. I love cute little Reed. Why did he stop sucking his thumb? Olivia sucked hers and it was fabulous. I hope he figures out that soothing thing soon. I know it can be SO hard (from Austin, my first baby).
Seriously, Kat's clogging outfit- crazy! It's good you know how to do hair. I'm already nervous for Olivia's recital at the end of the month b/c I am supposed to do a messy bun and I have no clue. I am hair challenged!!!
The Gospel Art Kit is a great idea for Mother's Day. I feel the same way about the little flowers. It's a nice thought but they don't last long.
16 comments:
I live in Utah! Come visit me in June!!
Oh, and Kat look so old in that clogging outfit! I can't even believe it. Sniff sniff.
Great post Mel. I'll consider myself warned! You guys can cat sit Stormy! Ha Kathryn looks so old with her grown up teeth. I will miss her clogging. Maybe Reed can vacuum my floor. I don't think my vac is as heavy as yours. Very cute family picture. Umm, root beer floats......... Glad you had a happy MD. XOXO Mom
Kat looks soo cute in her costume! I LOVE it! I hate 1:00church too...we have been there for a year and a half! YUK!I am glad you had a good day out shopping. You HAVE to do that every once in a while! Come to Utah any old time...and stay with us as long as you'd like! We'd LOVE to have you!
If you head all the way down to Cali, you're welcome to camp out over here. My dad has some great accomodations, too. Just ask Anna. ;)
Do you ever look at pictures of your family and wonder how you got to be a real family?! The picture of you guys is great... it makes me feel more like it belongs with the family I come from instead of one of my friends. So crazy, where does the time go?
I love your summer plans warning... it cracked me up.
Kathryn's dance picture is so cute... We did dance for a short time when Jessica was little but I much prefer the sports...
Kathryn's picture is so cute! wow that is one bright outfit!
Glad you were able to have a fun girls day out with Anna. It is always so nice to get away for a few hours with a good friend.
I hope you have a great week!
I really want that new Gospel art kit. That is a fabulous gift to get.
I hope you guys can really get away for a while. It is so nice to get away. You are always welcome here.
Kathryn looks adorable. And grown up!
Your mother's day gift sounds great! Really good idea. We had waffles during the third hour. Still better than a carnation:)
I love that you are going to travel. That's the spirit! I'm heading north again so maybe we'll pass on some highway somewhere:)
You can pack your bags and come to my house, too! Kathryn looks so grown up in the clogging picture! She looks like a preteen and isn't that scary?! Mother's Day was such a gift! You are so wonderful and I know motherhood gets overwhelming at times but you are your children's everything. You're so special!
Oh that picture of Reed is too cute! Brody loves the vacuum too! He likes anything that is loud and big. So different from my girls who are STILL afraid of the vacuum!
Your mother's day sounds nice, especially getting a day to go out and shop without the kids...smart!!
LOVE the dance recital outfit!
You should escape and wander on a trip to Utah or Vegas. Your Mom and Stormy (ha!) would love it.
I love me a shopping day without kids. Fun times. Glad you got away.
Kathryn is looking so grown up! Those outfits are fun, but VERY bright. Reminds me of the 80's. :)
Oh, the Dyson pic is breaking my heart!
Such cute photos of the kids. I love cute little Reed. Why did he stop sucking his thumb? Olivia sucked hers and it was fabulous. I hope he figures out that soothing thing soon. I know it can be SO hard (from Austin, my first baby).
Seriously, Kat's clogging outfit- crazy! It's good you know how to do hair. I'm already nervous for Olivia's recital at the end of the month b/c I am supposed to do a messy bun and I have no clue. I am hair challenged!!!
The Gospel Art Kit is a great idea for Mother's Day. I feel the same way about the little flowers. It's a nice thought but they don't last long.
I LOVE Kathryn's clogging outfit. So, so cute! I hope I'll have a chance to watch her clog this year.
Such cute Mother's Day primary activity. It would have been really fun to participate in that.
LOVE your family picture on Mother's Day. It is such a great idea and turned out so very cute. I need to remember to do this more often!
Hey pop in anytime!!! Really do. We'd love to have a visit from you guys.
Post a Comment