To say the last few days with Reed have been hard is an understatement. He's been up at night multiple times (so hard!), clingy during the day, not eating very well, still busy and curious as ever while I'm dead tired and to top it, off has a reoccurring diaper rash that as soon as it's gone, it's back again.
The doc put this half cast/splint thing on when we went in Thursday and after the first few hours, I knew we'd never make it the whole two weeks. His arm slides out, he pulls and tugs at the bandage until it's loose and last night when I went to check on him before we went to bed, this is how I found him....
{Yes, I know the pajamas clash horribly. Don't judge, most all of his pjs are long sleeved so we have to improvise!}... with his splint laying next to him! I guess he'd had enough of that dang splint and ripped it off. He tried doing it again during church today. Not sure why he rips it off though because not long after I took this photo (the flash probably waking him up) he woke up crying, wanting it back on. We have the bandage wrapped as tight as we can without making his fingers purple so I guess this confirms he's a strong boy that doesn't stop his falls! I called the office on Friday and am taking him back in tomorrow morning to get an actual cast on. With this splint he's not able to use his fingers or thumb and with a cast he can. Plus his elbow (where the small break is) isn't very protected with his naughty antics of pulling it off. I hope it helps him sleep better too, this mom's tired!
9 comments:
This situation sounds miserable for both of you, I'm so sorry about that.
I'm with Jill. It sounds miserable for you both and I feel badly for you both.
I also agree with Jill and Jane!
So sorry !
Wow, what a trooper. I totally put Jacob in mismatching pjs all the time... confession... sometimes... when he's so irate about changing his clothes or shirt... I change his diaper and then let him wear the same clothes. He's a boy so who really cares right??
That is hilarious! I can't believe he pulled it off and it was laying next to him. Too funny. What's not funny is that you are tired. So not good. I hope once he gets the cast on he gets happier so you can get some rest.
I can't believe he can get it off! Miserable, miserable, all around. I hope the cast makes things better and that you can get some sleep!
Poor baby. Poor mommy. Here's to unremovable casts and a good night's sleep. I feel both coming your way soon;)
Oh Melanie! When my little brother was this age he broke his leg and managed to pull off the cast in his bed so they put on a full-length one. I feel for you!!
Could the rash be a yeast infection? My baby got one. I mention it b/c yeast is a recurring rash that has to be treated well with cream.
Really?! The other arm! I can't believe your little guy has already broken two bones. I hope he (and you) are doing well and it has healed up quickly.
Post a Comment