Reed broke his other arm this morning! Isn't his face just the saddest? I feel like such a loser mom. I know I'm not, I just hate to see him cry and cry and well, you get the idea. Two hours this morning until we left the doctor's office. He's a busy boy and climbs all over chairs, the piano bench, even onto the table. He's never fallen off and as soon as I see him up on such crazy places I take him right down. In the last month or so, he's learned to climb up onto Dane's bed (a bottom bunk). He thinks he's big stuff up on that bed. He smiles and laughs at how cute he is sitting on Dane's pillow (I'll admit, it's pretty cute). This morning I heard Kathryn, Dane and Reed playing in the boys room before they left for swimming lessons, they were having fun and getting along (the best part). I was on the phone with my grandma when all of the sudden Milo comes in to tell me he thinks Reed really hurt his arm (that in itself is huge, I'm usually the one thinking they are hurt enough to go to the doctor). Ugh! He cried and cried, it was awful. We knew it must be something because he was crying much more than last time he had a broken arm.I can't even believe I'm saying 'last time' about my 18 month old and broken bones!!! What in the world, at least Dane was 3 when he had his first cast.
The doc put on this half cast/splint thing for a couple weeks and we'll x-ray again to see where it's at. It is a small break and he's cried much less having it stabilized thank heavens. It's right near his elbow so I'm sure it hurts. Poor boy. Such crappy timing too. All the swimming we do, an upcoming camping trip, the heat. Not good!! Here's hoping for a bone that heals fast!
18 comments:
Oh my gosh. Don't post pics like this. I almost started to cry just looking at that sad little face. Hope you get better soon boy...I need one of your big hugs.
His sweet little face is so so sad. It's the worst feeling in the world when one of your kids gets hurt. Poor Reed and just like you said-the worst timing. So sorry Mel!!!
AHH!!!! Saw your hubby at the pool today & he told me the sad news! You guys!!! Poor little guy! Hope he heals up fast!!!
Brent said, "He needs more milk." Haha...he is such a thinker. Poor little Reed! Get better soon, buddy! So you don't miss too much swimming!
Poor Reed! What bummer to have a broken arm in the summer. MY Jakob broke his leg ( when he was 4) and it was in the summer. How long will he have the cast on?
BTW- You are not a loser mom. YOU are a GREAT mom!
I didn't know broken arms could look so normal. Sierra went to the doctor today to see if she broke her jaw-it's not broken but that's what you get when your Dad tells you to go to bed and you do flips in your room instead!
Oh man Melanie. How CAN that be? Argh. Argh. ARgh.
Awww poor little guy! Aiden broke his leg not too long ago...he gets his cast off on the 20th. The summer is the worst to brake bones! I feel for you!
ohhhh no!, poor little guy, I finally caught up with you in pictures any how...life is busy girl!@ pooor little reed...he is sooo cute though........ohhh my. Jorvik fell of a chair today at pei wei....good thing nothing happend....
Holy Crap! That's all I can say! Holy Crap, and you need to bubble wrap that boy!!
Oh my goodness! I'm knocking on wood that we thankfully have not had any broken bones. Now stitches, that's another story. Hope it heals fast!!
Oh my gosh Melanie! I am so sorry! Poor little Reed! I can't believe you have to go through this again, it is so hard to have your kids be hurt!
That is the saddest face....I hope he is feeling better. I will be thinking of you!
Poor baby and poor you! I can't believe this is his second break already. It's bound to happen with little monkey children (climbers) but it's bad timing for summer.
Oh i laughed!!! I'm so sorry Melanie, but I laughed. ha! The poor kid!!!! I just read another friend's blog whose lil' daughter fractured her leg and then I read this. You both feel sooo bad...don't worry. I'm sure neither one of you will win the Worst Mom of the Year award. Poor Melanie! :(
Right now I'm watching P-dog. He is watching lil' Enstein's for the third time in a row -- the SAME episode. I'm the worst aunt. ha! He just goes crazy and gets into stuff when LE is not on. yikes! Poor H & K having to deal w/ his antics!
He looks so disappointed that he is wearing a cast again. So sorry for all of you. Not fun. At all.
Oh, man! This is not good at all! I just can't believe he's had two broken arms already... so sad (for him AND for you).
That is awful! I hope it heals super fast and no more tragic falls happen in the meantime.
I liked Marci's comment of how P-dog was watching Little Einstein's b/c that is what he is watching now!!! HA!
WOW....
Post a Comment