Friday, October 09, 2009

Five for Friday

1. Tonight we had cousin movie night with Malcolm and Quinn. They watched Monsters vs. Aliens. These boys are always so loud and crazy in the car even strapped in their seat belts and on the way back to our house, Quinn (in the camo) suggested they play 'Kung Fu Panda'. He claimed Mantis right away and Milo said he wanted to be Kung Fu Panda. Not missing a beat, Quinn said, 'Yeah, you're fat like Kung Fu Panda'. Ha! I guess if you could hear his funny little boy voice, you'd laugh even harder. He is such a funny kid and definitely fits the mold of a second child with quick wit. All I know is, I'm steering clear of him!

2. If there is one word that Nathan has been using (or over using) as his 'word', it's awkward. It's so funny because sometimes it just doesn't fit. The other day he called me into his room and showed me some chafing on his leg (I'm sure he'll love that I wrote that one day) and told me it was really hurting. I asked him if he wanted me to use some A&D ointment on it and he said, 'Uh, I guess so but it's going to make me feel totally awkward'. Yesterday we saw a car from England (or the like) and when he noticed the driver on the right side, they were totally awkward too.

3. I was so proud to find the kids matching outfits for family photos when we were school shopping, on sale even, but Milo and I have nothing to match them. It's getting colder every day so I really need to get on this task but it's always so much easier to shop for and dress the kids. Maybe just the kids this year? A plus..... my bangs are too short (my own doing) and I need at least two weeks of growing time before I don't hate them. That just might be enough time.

4. We have a weekend off of soccer........WooHoo! I've taken so many soccer photos, I think I'll wrap it all up when we end the season in two weeks. I'm so excited to just be home, get some cleaning and laundry finished (not just started). A nice, relaxing sweats kind of day. Here's hoping the kids cooperate.

5. Tomorrow is my really awesome cousin, Becky's birthday. I have to give her a shout out here because she has been on my mind constantly for the past month with all that she's going through. Her son is facing chemo for the next year, far away from home and she made it through the first month without collapsing. Far from it actually, way to go! She maintains her strong faith, learns all she can to help her son and the rest of their family, prays for him/them nonstop, has the best sense of humor with the quickest wit, is still helping others, teaching preschool, manning 4 other children and a husband and is one of my shining examples. Love you Bec, hope you have a fabulous birthday!

7 comments:

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

I'm laughing so hard at the 'word' Nathan uses, because Jake and I were talking about how I say a few words...my words are 'awesome', and then I also have a habit of saying "ya know" at the end of almost every sentence. I told Jake that I know I say that word a lot, and his reply couldn't just be "uh huh," it was "ya and it's totally annoying" and then laughs! How rude! Needless to say, he said he's always going to keep his mouth shut because it's never a win-win situation! LOL ya think he'd have learned this after 3 years! Plus I used to get slugged by Amber because I'd say ya know so much..so it's just a MAJOR work-in-progress!

Jill said...

I think it's cute when kids incorporate big, new words into their vocabulary like that. I remember when Landon was 3 or 4 he started using the word "actually" all the time and it seemed so funny coming out of this tiny person.

Becky Noftle said...

Aha--now I owe you that five bucks for publishing nice things about me, bout time you took me up on my offer! Thanks for the birthday shout out you are an awesome cousin to and inspiring with all you've taken in and on!! It's kinda "awkward" but I love you man"!

donna said...

I always enjoy your Five for Friday!
So when are you family pictures? We got ours taken last month. I am so excited to get them back.

Heidi said...

Love the picture of the kids watching their show. Too cute! They are amazingly still for the picture- did that last long?!

Good little birthday tribute to Becky. ;)

You are always good about getting your family pictures all cute and coordinated. I think Kyle's "love" for pictures is rubbing off. ha ha! not really...but I should get the kids' picture together.

Brenda said...

Yes, yes, we all aspire to be Becky. Yada yada yada. She really is pretty cool, though. And she is totally amazing with how she is handling life right now. Okay, now I really am aspire to be her. And if it makes you feel better, I'm totally skipping out on the family picture this year. I always do the year I have a baby. I think short bangs are a valid excuse too.

Melinda said...

The big word is so cute. I remember when Blake started saying despicable and he would say with everything. Jason and I laughed so hard during that phase.