It was Jog-A-Thon week again. The kids really look forward to this school fundraiser and Dane was so excited to get his very own shirt this year. Dane's class ran on Tuesday and Nathan and Kathryn ran with the whole school on Wednesday. Thank heavens my aunt saved me on Wednesday and came and watched Dane who was still tired from the day before and Reed who was napping so I was able to mark numbers and not chase children at the same time.
:: The happy, smart, silly kindergarten boy ran 14 laps in less than 30 minutes. He had so much fun running with his friends. I loved that he was able to make it through the afternoon, a soccer game that didn't end until almost 7:30 and dinner without a huge meltdown. Way to go Dane!
:: The smiley, friendly, loving third grade girl that loves to run, ran 21 laps in less than 45 minutes. She tied the number of laps she ran last year and when I told her the cut the run short because it started late, she just knew it felt shorter and that's why she didn't make her laps.
:: This energetic, silly, wild, competitive second grade boy ran 20 laps in less than 45 minutes. He's dealing with the fact that he ran one lap less than Kat. In fact, now he's telling me that he did run one more lap, it just wasn't counted. Hmmm.
:: And this messy, sweet, busy, home schooled one year old came home with me and ate a fluffernutter for lunch. He's getting too big, talking way too much and still maintains the position 'center of attention'.
Boy...the kids came close to breaking me if Milo hadn't warned me! I wish I could have watched them run this year! And I love the picture of fluffernutter Reed! He's too sweet! Way to go, kids!
Why didn't I have 3 little runners showing up at my door begging for money? Come on Mel....help me out. I don't have any more fundraisers. Hey....I did diaper duty...and now I've been bumped from the babysitting list. What's that about?
Way to go kiddos! Love the competition between Kat and Nate! I am running a 5k in a couple hours and I'm not feeling it. Couldn't you just e mail a little of the kids' energy to help me out? Thanks!
8 comments:
Boy...the kids came close to breaking me if Milo hadn't warned me! I wish I could have watched them run this year! And I love the picture of fluffernutter Reed! He's too sweet! Way to go, kids!
Why didn't I have 3 little runners showing up at my door begging for money? Come on Mel....help me out. I don't have any more fundraisers. Hey....I did diaper duty...and now I've been bumped from the babysitting list. What's that about?
They all look so happy and adorable!
Dang I wish I could run as fast as your kids! I am jealous. And a fluffernutter sounds so good. hmmm
I need to run some laps. Tell the kiddos they've inspired me. And Reed IS so big and handsome! Wanna come over and make me fluffernutter?
wonderful pictures!
They need to run a marathon now! They are quite the little runners. I'm sure soccer prepped them for that too. Good job kids!
Way to go kiddos! Love the competition between Kat and Nate! I am running a 5k in a couple hours and I'm not feeling it. Couldn't you just e mail a little of the kids' energy to help me out? Thanks!
Post a Comment