{Oh so annoyed, I have photos for almost every bullet but I left my camera at Grandma Vicki's house! So..... no downloading, no resizing, no uploading, no posting photos. Grrrr.}

- Kathryn's zebra stripe, lion eating antelope cake (Milo added them). She really loved it! Marion works really hard on their birthday cakes and I'm so grateful, I'm not really cut out for that much celebrating. (don't you love her zebra coat too? I want one, it's soooo soft)
- the most hilarious FHE ever. Reed found a pair of 'Cars' underwear (don't judge that the laundry was on the couch during family home evening!) and sat and studied them until he figured out he could stuff them on his head and make the rest of us die laughing. Then he started dancing and growling as he loved being center stage. We're in for it!
- Nathan's birthday party. I'm so glad we follow the every few year plan for friend parties (Thanks Jill and Becky!), it was insanity. Fun insanity that we all survived, whew. We had it at the bowling alley and they were as loud/silly/funny/crazy/ as they wanted to be. They ate french fries, tons of pop and cupcakes plus I sent them home with a bag of candy. I'm sure their parents loved me for that sugar high, ha.
- Milo accepting a new position that is not here in town. This is such a blessing and one we weren't expecting. at. all. He applied back in May, didn't get called for an interview until the end of September and was offered the position the second week of November. It means we're moving. Moving! You just never know when the Lord is going to bless you and much of the time, it's when you least expect it.We're still not sure when, these guys move slow.
- Thanksgiving with Kyle and Heidi at Grandma Vicki's house (what the kids call their house). It was such a nice day. No meltdowns or tantrums. Just good food shared with family and friends. Definitely a day to be grateful for. We ate a delicious dinner, the kids played Thanksgiving bingo, the adults played a game of Guesstures that Milo rocked at (he might need it for Christmas, ha), read magazines, watched football (not me), read the Black Friday ads over and over, ate pie, watched the rain/mist/fog and it felt like a complete Thanksgiving day.
- Add all of that to how grateful I am for my Savior, my husband, our sweet kids, our new job and adventure of moving, my family, each and every one of them, friends that support me even if I'm moving away from their hair appts, my job, blogs, our little house that is enough (though I wont complain about more), our means for food, clothing, essentials, the best medicine.... laughter, good books (just finished The Book Theif and loved it) and so much more. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I am truly blessed.

13 comments:
i always enjoy your updates! :)
Milo did amazing jobs on all the b-day cakes! Sounds like everyone had a fun B-day.
I am so excited to hear about Milo's new job! Call me when you get the time.
LOVE her coat! Is that "the" one you were talking about? If so, then I want it!! And her cake is amazing. Very impressive!
I'm glad Boulder Resort treated you well. We wish we were there ;)
Great cakes. Seems like you have had a busy two weeks. Well congrats on the new job but you all will be missed. I am glad we got to know each other a little better.
You do have much to be thankful for! Especially Milo's new job! Exciting for you guys. Your Christmas only got busier. :)
We are glad you guys came for Thanksgiving day to Gma Vicki's. That's so funny they call it that too. You might have to practice guesstures at home before Christmas. ha ha!
Not cheesy just wise enough to recognize what blessing you have. Call me scuzin, I'm the best at packing up and moving 'em out! (Not to brag or anything but I'm really good with my hands!)
Congrats on the new job! I hear you are moving our way. How fun to have you in the same area!
Those cakes are so fantastic, especially that Zebra themed cake!
Wow, where are you guys moving to? How wonderful that he got that job so unexpectedly. We could use some unexpected blessings around here for sure!
I really am so happy for you guys....even though with all my tears it may not seem like it. I just need to visit the tri cities more often....simple as that! Kevin loves the Book Thief...but he read it in Porteguese.
3 whoo hoo's, then a "Don't leave me," and another 2 whoo hoo's!
Wow! Congratulations on the new job...and move!? How far away is it? Sounds like lots of changes for you guys!!
Kat's coat is DARLING!!! I want one too :) Those cakes are fantastic! That is talent!
I am excited for your family! You know that's where my sister lives, so I can visit you too!
The birthday cakes are lovely. Every time I see one I think, "I should make more of an effort on my children's cakes." but then, skill and ambition don't always match up.
Those cakes are so cute! Congrats on Milos new job. That is really so great.
Sad we missed Nathan's cake, but it sure was cute! Kathryn's cake was adorable, and I want it for my cake next year! Haha!
Post a Comment