Friday, December 04, 2009

Five for Friday

1. I honestly think about posting every day. I even go so far as to write the posts in my head. And that's where they stop. Plus, another post with no pictures but.... it's still a post.

2. Dane is a praying kind of kid. He never eats lunch without praying. He'll stop and look at me if I'm doing hair and wait for me to pause so he can pray for his food. He's so serious about it, even if he's the only one eating. He just always wants to pray. Tonight he asked to say the night family prayer (not unusual, he asks to say every prayer, over every meal and every night before bed. and sometimes they are known for being quite lengthy) and we said it was his turn. It was the sweetest prayer he's ever given. He said... 'Thankful for our water and our food, our house and family. Please bless all the poor people that they can get jobs and have food. Thankful we can know you.' I almost teared up. We've never said a prayer quite like that so this was all on his own. I hope (and pray) he will stay this strong and unashamed of prayer.

3. I made my first digital Christmas card in Photoshop and although it's pretty basic, I'm so excited to send them out. I usually write a small 1/2 page letter but I'm not sure how to word it this year without it sounding a little depressing. Milo had a job, lost that job, went a while without one, took one then was offered another one and now we're moving. Ha! Yeah, I think I'm opting out of a letter this year. Unless you have another suggestion?

4. Milo is heading to the Gonzaga Basketball game tomorrow and I'll be here holding down the fort with all the kids. It's going to be a freezing cold day with nothing but cleaning and laundry to do so I'm pretty sure I'm going to let the kids abuse the TV with movies and popcorn tomorrow. Is that so wrong?

5. Reed is starting to talk quite a bit and he mimics even more. Today on Sesame Street the 'Word of the Day' was surprise. They taught us what a surprise and how to surprise others. Reed has been doing it all. day. long. Only it sounds a little like 'Pri!!'. But he yells it loud as he throws his hand high up in the air. We also borrowed Lion King 2 this morning and he's been crouching down on all fours, growling and then trying a not so graceful 'pounce' to try and get you. He thinks he's so funny and of course we all laugh.

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hahaha. Your kids are so funny. I love them. And, I saw the Christmas card you made my momma...I need to learn to do that. Did you just mess around to make it pretty? Good work. :)

Korbi said...

Dane that he has to come over and teach Beck how to say a prayer; he blesses all the Bumblebess, transformers, Batmans, drives me crazy because he laughs and it goes on forever!!!!! Tell Dane to come teach Beck how to be serious! :)

Jill said...

I think Dane's love of praying is about the sweetest thing ever! What a guy. I love the things he said, and love it that he did this all on his own.

I don't think getting offered another job and moving is a depressing ending to Milo's crazy work year.

I think we need to see some video of Reed in action, he sounds adorable.

Heidi said...

I agree with Jill, getting a job at the end of the crazy year is a good thing...not depressing. Your Christmas cards you made are probably amazing! You have a knack for doing things like that on the computer.

Dane's prayer is cute. I love what kids include in prayers. It's nice when they want to start praying b/c it gives Kyle and I a break. ha ha!

Brenda said...

I did the photoshop card this year too (and I did Holly's as well). Mine is very basic. I can't wait to see yours. Hope you enjoyed your day of laundry;)

Chandra said...

I couldn't stop laughing about the crouching and pouncing. Dang that is one funny kid.

Melinda said...

That is the sweetest thing I have heard. I love Dane's prayer. We have fights over here over who's turn it is to pray.

natemann said...

Hello dear friend I saw a familiar face at church yesterday...Your Mom I had to get to nursery early so I didn't get to chat but we waved across the room. How bonkers is is that we are in the same ward!!

Shaila Lou said...

Love Dane's prayer, what a sweet boy!

Your picture card is awesome! I'm sad I'm not doing anything this year. (so far anyways!) When I saw your sister taking pictures on the bleachers tonight, I thought maybe I should just do them inside there.

Love Reed and his pri and lion pouncing. Cute, sweet boy!