Monday, December 07, 2009

Quote

I'm not that stressed out yet but I'm bracing myself for a very busy month. Tonight at my 'circle meeting' (Weight Watcher's) they read the best quote. I had never heard it before and while I'm not super stressed out right now, I feel my plate full with the normal holiday bustle, a baptism on the 19th, 2 more birthdays on the 20th and the 23rd and of course moving. Somehow,I really want to avoid that crazy, lose it, cry your eyes out mode from not dealing with all the stress as it piles and piles. Guess it's why I loved the quote so much.

'Stress is the trash of modern life- we all generate it,
but if you don't dispose of it properly,
it will pile up and overtake your life.'

So I'm trying to plan ahead with my attack on stress. So far the plan includes less yelling, less eating, more enjoying, more dejunking, less eating, more exercising, more fun with the kids (like tonight's family game night), less lamenting the move and instead more excitement for this blessing and adventure and one more time- less eating. I'm not always the best at 'sticking to a plan' but I mean to be. I'm going the positive self talk route this time around. I can talk myself into less stress, right? I hope so because I don't want to be a beast at Christmas! If you see me stressing remind me that it's the garbage and I need to take it out!

I have my hopes up for a house we went and looked at today. No stress if it's not ours, it wasn't meant to be. They'll be another one right?!

Off to start addressing the Christmas cards. One of my favorite parts of the holidays, the cards.

13 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Loved your post. Do you get your stress factor from your mama? You remind me and I'll remind you! Throw it out!!! I'm gearing up for what ever I need to do to help! Make me a list......

Heather said...

I really needed that quote today Mel- thanks! Hope everything goes smooth for you this month. We love you and are so excited for your new adventure. You deserve the best!

Melinda said...

I really like that quote. It is a great reminder and I really need that right now. Good luck with the house. That is really exciting!

Jill said...

I find that a lot of my stress comes from unrealistic expectations and good intentions run amuck. Most of the time I can be in control of the things causing me stress if I use my time well and let things go. Of course, this is easier said than done, but it's so liberating to let things go!

donna said...

what house? email me.

Sara said...

Love the quote. It is so very true.
I think I might write that one down.
And if you need ANY help with anything, just let me know!! Kids, house, you name it. I am right here, and I am done with finals tomorrow. So I am free for awhile.

Adolescent Family said...

Hi! We heard you are moving to our neck of the woods? It will be nice to have another home town family here local :) I completely understand how stressful moving can be. :( I hope you get the house you want! We will have to get together when you get here! Happiest of Holidays!

Amie said...

Trash has officially overtaken me. I would take a picture but it is too telling.

I'm glad you are not stressed, I hope things all fall into place for you this month. I know I am out of the loop but how far are you moving? Do you have to sell your house? Can't wait to hear about your new home, etc, etc.

Holly said...

Wow! That is a great quote. Thanks for sharing it...who doesn't need that? Good Luck this month! Just think of the great new adventures awaiting....how exciting! :)

Marion said...

I'll help you take out your garbage if you help me take out mine! It's always better when we get help...and you're always the first to help everyone around you before you help yourself. We're here for you! Always!

Heidi said...

Great picture and quote. I'm sure that is how you are feeling and trying to stay calm amidst everything going crazy. This month will fly by for you with all the things you have going on. Just make sure to buy and wrap your presents before Christmas eve! ha ha! :)

Take Sara up on her offer. She is a fabulous babysitter. That would be nice to get rid of Reed for a morning for you to pack! Do it!

Brenda said...

Great quote. I can't wait to see you all:)

Shaila Lou said...

That's a great quote!! I need to remember this in my life!