Thursday, December 10, 2009

20/20

I realized this morning that I haven't taken one single photo since Thanksgiving. And even those photos are slim, I think Ionly took 3. I'm vowing more photos in the month of December. Honestly! And yesterday my mom reminded me that I've never posted a photo of Kathryn with her glasses. I was waiting for Dane's to come in as well and yesterday they finally did.

He was so excited to get them. And I'm glad for that since he has to wear them all the time. I was a little shocked at how different they make him look. They are much thicker than I was expecting and to be honest, it threw me for a loop. I know it's only glasses, why do I feel so vain? Especially when I wear them too (just not thick ones as a kid When he put them on he kept staring at the floor and said, 'Whoa, the floor is lower!'. He told me everything looks different now. Poor kid has probably needed glasses for awhile. Kat is loving her glasses. She can see the board better and has even gone to bed with them a few times forgetting them on her face. She's most happy about being able to read the signs around town. Again, poor girl, she's probably needed them for a while too.

In other funny Dane news, this morning he came up to me and 'flashed his badge'. He walked up, flipped the piece of paper out and said, 'FBI.... that can't read'. Ha! Cracked me up! I love the little badge that he drew around the FBI letters. Maybe he will be in the FBI one day, you never know with this kid.

13 comments:

Leisha said...

Dane and Kat are super cute with glasses! Thank goodness for glasses, without them our whole family would be a bunch of blind people.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Thanks for the pictures. They're just as cute as ever! Dane might have a hard time in the FBI cause his grandma is kind of shady! Ha
One week :o)

Anne said...

While it's not the FBI, my husband gets diplomatic security special agent badge pins to hand out to people he works cases with (and my nieces and nephews). Maybe I'll steal one for Dane. :)

Holly said...

I love the glasses they picked out! They both look great! More pictures in December. With Christmas and all...I know you can do it Mel! We'll call when we get into town so we can all get together at least once!

Angie said...

so cute in the glasses!

donna said...

They look so cute!
Dane made a great FBI badge.

Jill said...

It must be a whole new world to them now that they can see clearly.

They both look really cute in their classes.

Jill said...

Cute! Dane's make him look like a mini Milo. :)

ab5cgang said...

They look great! I love Dane. That is to funny. Boys come up with the funniest things.

Heidi said...

I'm sure they are lovin' seeing more things. That's how Marci felt when she got glasses- "mom, there are leaves on the trees!". So sad. :) ha ha.

Marion said...

They are too cute in their glasses! Kathryn looks older with them and is starting to act like a pre-teen! Scary! Dane is pretty proud of them, too! As far as his FBI job...he's going to be doing something pretty extraordinary! He's quite the kid with imagination and creativity like no other! And spunk! Maybe the next Bill Gates! Actually, he'll make Bill Gates look average!

Melinda said...

THe kids are so cute in their glasses. When the school informed me that Cam would need his I laughed and didn't believe them. I just thought they did a cruddy job on the school test. He has never complained about not being able to see. But then the nurse told me he had to get his eyes checked before the school year ended and that is when the optometrist I took him to told me he probably needed that years back. Oh, the guilt I felt.

Shaila Lou said...

Love the kids in their glasses! I love that Dane is the same age I got mine, and mine were so incredibly thick as well. That's why I always had the plastic frames, they cover up the thickness better. I hope they never hate them like I did!