Friday, the two older kids had their school Christmas program. It was cute and as crazy as ever. Kat was all smiles when we came in and she saw us. No hip shaking from her this year, guess the songs weren't her favorite.
This is the clearest photo I have of Nathan from the program and it's still pretty blurry. He did not sit or stand still for more than 2 seconds the whole time his class was up there. He's going through an 'ants in the pants' phase that I'm sure is going to last longer than I want. He moves all the time. I love how his plates are up higher and he's a little off from everyone else. He doesn't care, look at that smile! (I didn't really get the whole plate routine anyway, it was distracting and a little weird. Maybe just me?)We have Dane's kindergarten program tomorrow. It would be way too convenient for the programs to be on the same day at the same time. So off we go tomorrow, again during Reed's naptime. Lovely time for him to be in public, ha.
Saturday night was our ward Christmas party/Talent Show. The talent show has been in the works since spring but just kept not working out. I helped out on the committee and we decided to have it at Christmas. A celebration of our gifts and talents and what we can do for our Savior. We had people display paintings, crafts, knitting, photography. We had cinnamon rolls and a hot chocolate bar with a great turn out. It was really fun.
Kathryn wanted to clog so we downloaded 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' by the Jackson 5 and she made up a little routine. She was so nervous. She's never made up her own routine and danced by herself before. I was really proud of her for following through, she even had the shakes she was so nervous. I was off to the side of the little stage and she kept looking over at me with a nervous smile. I think she was glad when her minute was over!
Back in the spring, Nathan asked if he could do 'flexibility' for his talent. I of course told him no, thinking it's just way too weird how he can fold up and roll around and not what people wanted to see at a ward talent show. But when this came about a few people told me to just relax and let him do it. Especially the Activity Chair, she signed him up! So I relaxed and he thought it was awesome to show his 'moves'. He even planned out to wear a tight sports shirt so people could see his bones stick out. I wonder when he'll grow out of this elastic phase? I think people were shocked and he loved the gasps as he folded up and showed his bat wings. Crazy boy.
The Sunday before Dane told me he didn't want to be in the talent show and I told him no biggie he didn't have to. But then on Sat morning, tears were all over the place. Now he wanted to do something. He told me he could tell some Christmas jokes. He's been hearing them at school and repeating them over and over. He went right up there and told four jokes. It was so adorable. I love that he has the paper with the jokes written on it but he can't read them.1- Why is it cold at Christmas? He first answered, 'because it's ccccccold'. I whispered the answer from my seat and he said it all again. A- Because it's in Decemberrrrrrr.
2-Why did the coach go to the bank?
A- He wanted his quarter back.
3. What is an elf's favorite music?
A- Rap music.
4. What do elves get in the mail?
A- Jingle Bills.
The Santa photos.......
Lovely that Nathan's hair isn't combed. Didn't notice until we were sitting there.
Is it awful to say I'm so happy he cried? One must have a crying Santa photo!{School and church gyms are not photo friendly for me!}


11 comments:
I think your pictures look great. One hundred times better than any I take in gyms.
Their talents were so cute. How funny Nathan did flexibility. I'm glad you relaxed and let him do it, too. I like Dane in glasses, too. It took me awhile to get the elves and their music joke. Truly. Read it three times before I got it. My goodness Katherine is getting tall. What a happy kid. She makes me smile just thinking about her.
I keep thinking there must be a photography class on how to get decent gym pictures.
I liked the tie-in to Christmas with the talent show:"A celebration of our gifts and talents and what we can do for our Savior."
(I don't get the rap music joke)
The Santa pictures are all so cute. And I am so impressed they all wanted to perform for the talent show. Those jokes are pretty funny.
It took me a little while understand the music joke too! But, I think I finally did?
My mom said all of their talents were faaaabulous. I'm sad I didn't get to see.
Also, I love Kat's and Dane's glasses. They look adorable in them. And so much older, too...
Now that's a real Santa! Cute pics - Dane looks so much like Milo with his glasses! Cindy wouldn't let Cara do her flexibilty stuff either at our talent show, but I was the MC so I called her up and had her do it anyways. :)
Merry Christmas Melanie!
OK for the teacher in me..... What do elves do at Christmas? Wrap presents. Therefore they like "W"rap music! I got ya Dane. Wish I could have seen my little elves perform! 2 days and counting....
Cute! I love how they are fearless and totally fine about performing their talents on stage. I'm impressed Kathryn made her own routine! She'll have to perform for us later. :)
I like Dane's hair. Very stylin'.
Your children have some wonderful talents!!!!! what a great idea for a Christmas party.
Great pictures!!
The talent show sounds so fun, I love that the kids can do anything...so fun for them to get to show their individuality...and I cannot even imagine being that flexible!!
The quote about stress you posted is FANTASTIC! I need to blow it up and put it all over my house! I was doing so good this year, was way ahead with everything and was ready to enjoy a relaxing holiday...then we decided to re-do the garage. My house is a mess, the garage in a mess, the backyard is a mess...... So much for my stress free holiday!
Amazing and disturbing talents by the Bushman's. So glad the wise activity chairperson signed him up. Jax and I will be thinking of you guys Saturday--hope it is wonderful day.
I want to see Kathryn's clogging. You should bring the music to the gym tonight and have her perform it all over again. Love all the kids talents!
I didn't torture Winston with Santa picures. I knew he would not be okay with a stranger with a white beard! I think we had the same Santa at our ward party this morning.
Post a Comment