:: Does anyone else hate folding all the socks from the laundry? To save on frustration when matching pairs, I've learned to not fold them until all the loads were finished because of the socks that hide inside pant legs or ended up in a completely different load. This is the pile of socks I'm left with. After folding (this week thanks goes to Milo), there was a random bib or two, a few pair of underwear, 15-20 socks without a mate and 57 pairs of nicely folded socks. 57 pair! That's an average of 8.14 pairs a day and I want to know two things. Who is changing socks that often?! And why is it so wrong to recycle our socks, ha?!:: Marion is always so good to make the kids cakes and started Kat buzzing Friday night when she asked what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday (It's Sat). She couldn't think of anything and just walked away a few minutes later. Then a good 20 minutes later, she walked up to Marion and said, 'I know what kind of cake I want. I want an African cake with safari/jungle animals on it.' Marion kept a straight face and said, 'Interesting'. We were eyeing each other on that one, the look was so funny. If you know Kat, then you know this is so her, she loves animals. Any and all animals. But the best part was a little bit later when she decided to give her some more tips on what an African cake would look like. She said, 'Gramimi, how about a lion or a cheetah chasing down a deer on my cake.' We all about died! The funniest part about that statement, is she is dead serious! We've had a few laughs over that one. Gramimi is going to 'girl' up the cake, although I'm positive Kat would love the 'true safari life' cake just as much. She's such a funny girl.
11 comments:
Good luck with the socks Mel, and wish Marion good luck on the cake! I don't know which sounds worse! If you just hide some of the clean socks, they will be forced to wear the dirty ones more than once when the clean ones are gone! :)
socks! I have so many missing pairs of socks!
I always do whites last because I HATE HATE doing socks!!! And I always end up with a bunch with no mates also, what's the deal? It drives me insane. Anyways, glad to know you go through it all too!
I hear you on the sock woes, I despise matching them up, so that's Landon and Whitney's job! Landon actually likes doing it. I think he thinks he's getting out of folding all the other stuff in the load of whites, but the joke is on him!
Kat's jungle cake idea sounds like something Whitney would request. I can't wait to see it.
I feel sorry for Marion and that she has to make that cake!!! Sounds complicated. I love the details Kathryn gave her. Funny!
Holy Socks!!! I would definitely put a lock on that sock drawer. Too much laundry for my liking. Good luck!
I hate folding socks and do the same thing as you to wait till everything is done. I need to take a picture of my sock pile. It is just ridiculous, really.
I can't wait to see the cake!
Holy socks. I went years thinking I was the queen of socks since we were never missing any. Then... we got a bigger house, the kids run their own rooms... and now I have a few socks without a mate too. So frustrating.
I hope you are doing well. I hate being out of the blog loop... I really feel out of touch with my friends... (do I need a life?)
I also feel your pain! Jake just said yesterday that we should throw away all the socks that have no mates and buy ONE brand for the rest of our lives! (Like that will ever happen!) Mis-matched socks are never ending in this house and there is only 3 of us...really two! I'm nervous for when our kids get older and we have a ton! If anyone ever has a solution for this annoying problem , I'd sure like to know!
I think you may need to ration the socks around your house! Haha! Quinn is the one in my house who will get a new pair of socks everytime we walk out the door, since he takes them off the minute we walk in the door. If I catch him, I make him put back the clean socks and find the pair he was already wearing.
Kathryn and her cake decorating ideas are so funny! Sounds like mom is going to make a really cute one!
Our socks some how get eaten by the washer too. That is by far one of my LEAST favorite things to fold.
It was skipped in biology class, but I am pretty sure socks reproduce in the dirty clothes basket. So the unmatchables are just the offspring born during mating season. PUHLEEEAAASE have Marion put a Zebra lying down with a big bloody chunk bitten out of it!
Post a Comment