{Nathan thinks it's pretty cool that this is the official moving company of the Seattle Seahawks and the logo is on almost every box, all 120+!}We are currently buried in boxes. So many boxes I quit counting. The movers showed up on Monday and left at 4pm after packing 74 boxes. In one day! There is no way, no possible way I would have even come close to that number in mere hours (including lunch and more that a couple smoke breaks). One guy is overly chatty and the other one works like crazy but either way, I'm so grateful for them. They have taken a huge load off and I wont forget them.
Even surrounded by boxes, it still doesn't feel real that we are moving. Tomorrow. The kids have been a little more on edge and I'd lie if I didn't say I've been a lot more on edge. Last night Reed was so fussy after we had put him to bed. I finally got him back up and he would lay on my shoulder with his eyes closed then sit straight up and point to all the boxes without saying anything and then lay right back down. Two year olds totally get it.
I'm so grateful for all the help with the kids, the food, the cleaning. All of that is a post on it's own. Without a doubt, I have amazing family and friends! It feels good to have so much love and support but it also (in a selfish way), makes it even harder to leave. I know this town gets a bad rap sometimes (including my dissing on the shopping and the medical field options to name a couple) but it's also filled with really, really good people that I'm going to miss terribly.
Until we have internet again.... (which better be long enough to get my boxes unpacked but not too long much longer that that!)
10 comments:
I didn't realize the move was happening this week, wow! Good luck to you all!
Excited to see you.
You are lucky to have someone else do the packing for you! That's the most annoying part. Glad it is almost over and that is a lot of boxes. I'm surprised you had time to blog!!!
How great that you've had that kind of help for such a big move! I love your photos. I was about to send a card, but maybe I should send to the new address? I suppose it'll be forwarded either way.
It's been harder than I thought....that's all I need to say!
I am so behind on your blog! I loved your Christams card! You look beautiful!
I hope the move went well...I am thinking of you (moving is HARD!)
Good luck with the move! Hopefully you won't have to wait to long to get your internet back.
melanie,
i am looking for your number. can I help?? Call me. I think we are just down the street from you guys.
Rischel
Man I really am out on things. I too had no idea you were moving. Best of luck and keep us updated!! Your family photo is gorgeous!
I still can't believe you're actually gone! I had me some bundt cake for lunch, along with a piece of pizza.
Post a Comment