I'm not sure when it started, I'm guessing some time Wednesday or Thursday but it hasn't taken much to get me weepy this past week.
I cried when a dear friend brought hot breakfast sandwiches, applesauce, juice and more for our whole family the morning we were leaving town.
I cried when I said goodbye to a friend at her house and one on the phone.
I cried at the hotel because a hotel stay with 4 kids all wound up isn't very relaxing.
I cried Thursday when someone from our new ward stopped by just after the movers left (leaving behind 140 boxes and 11,000 lbs of our stuff) to bring Nathan his Pinewood Derby car kit. His face was priceless.
I welled up again on Thursday night when the New Year's youth dance was canceled because of freezing rain and another couple from our new ward stopped by to say Hi and left the fruit they were taking to the dance.
I cried Saturday night when I dropped my mom off at the airport. That is a given.
I welled up on Sunday when we walked into the chapel and it was full. Really full. Nowhere to sit, even the overflows are full! It felt so overwhelming to start a new ward that is a polar opposite from our last ward.
I cried when they read our membership records.
I felt like crying when they read names as they released and sustained people in callings and I didn't know one single name.
Nathan came up to me in the hall almost crying because he couldn't find his scriptures so I of course, almost cried trying to help him find them.
I almost cried (again) in Sunday School because they had to pull in extra chairs for us and I felt so awkward and uncomfortable.
After that, I ended up in the bathroom crying between Sunday School and Relief Society. Honestly! The worst part is, a few people saw me lose it when I talked to the one girl in this ward that I know. I kept repeating... 'Pull it together man!' (Monster's Inc)
What has all this made me realize? Moving is hard for me even though I thought I was a moving veteran from childhood. Moving with the kids home from school and all the holiday busyness is hard. Moving away from family, friends and 14 years in the same place (longest time ever for me) is really hard. The homesick feeling is hard. But all of that combined with monthly hormones can really send a person over the edge!! Stupid hormones! I just keep reminding myself how exciting this is and what a blessing it is to have answered prayers.
Now it would be great if I could stop the random crying and get all these boxes unpacked! Oh and take a few photos too. I have only taken a few photos since we've moved (maybe only at the hotel) and I know I'll regret that later on. So glad that tomorrow is a new day!
17 comments:
"Who moved my Cheese?" I think of that a lot whenever there is change...I don't like change either. Hang in there! It can only get better. Just remember I wish I had your predicament. ha ha!
Oh Melanie, you are one of the strongest women I know!!! Yes, change is hard, but I think you have a great outlook. You will "pull it together" and reap those blessings.
Awww...that made me sad to think about you crying in a bathroom at Church. Damn those hormones!! You will do great! You will meet people, do things, see things that this little town just can't offer you. If your feeling down just go to Wal-mart and think of good ole ML. :) If that doesn't work-go to the mall!
I remember moving when our kids were your kids' age and it hurt, hurt, hurt (just like you said) because we have to keep it all together for them. Welled up tears are toxic, man, I'm glad you're getting them out of your system.
I miss you. Sniff. Sniff.
Movie is hard , but you will enjoy living here. I want to have your family over for dinner. Call me.
It will work out!!!!
man up mel!
just kidding. hope it all gets better soon. :)
well if it makes you feel better your life choices have made me cry as of late-lol! Hope you start feeling at home. When Kurt gets back Im coming down for perhaps to get my hair did and hit up Target.
My self-talk is always "Get a grip!" Maybe I'll try "Pull it together man!" when my usual doesn't work.
I hope things are settling in and the kids get to start school soon!
Are you pregnant?? That kind of crying only happens to me when I'm pregnant.
I'm sorry this whole process has been so rough on you. I remember sitting in the back of the overflow the first Sunday we went to church after moving here and I had that same feeling of not knowing anyone and feeling like we didn't fit.
It sounds like your new ward is full of nice people who are already taking care of you guys, so that's a blessing.
Take lots of pictures!
Jill.... no I'm not pregnant with a capitol N and O, ha! Today's better so that's good!
I almost cried reading your post. Wanted to give you a big hug and tell you I love you!
Hang in there Melanie! It will get better. Here's a great big hug from me!
I've cried along with you! Maybe not as much but driving by on Hwy. 17 this morning on my way to work and realizing you guys weren't just yards away! Wondering what I would do if I broke down sometime of who would rescue me now that Milo is gone! The drop-in visits, etc! Life changes but know it's all for the good! I love and miss you more than you know! oxoxo
OH Mel. I think I would be the same way. I just know you all will be great. But if you ever want to move again we would love to have you hear with us. Good luck.
And then you make me cry just by reading this post! Thanks!! Love ya!! I didn't take really any pictures when we moved, although I had many thoughts of the pictures I wanted, and now I regret it!
Post a Comment