When I went outside to watch them for a bit, I noticed this bird high up in the tree. I couldn't make out if it was a bald eagle or not with the gloomy, white sky so I went and put on my zoom lens. Sure enough, a bald eagle (click photo to see how pretty he is). With the wet weather he was a bit mangy and dirty looking but still very cool. To be honest, birds freak me out. For some reason, I was taken with him. I guess eagles aren't as creepy as some other feathered friends, ha! He stayed there for hours and I kept going back for more photos, hoping I'd catch him as he flew away. I looked 5 minutes before Milo got home and still he sat. When Milo went to check him out as soon as he was home, he was gone. Sneaky bird! I have some really cool photos of him, if only the sky were blue today. Is this sad that I made friends with a bald eagle today? Or would you call it a resourceful way of finding friends?My favorite part of this week will be when I have my own hair appointment on Friday. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait! Of course I have to go back to old town to get it, I'm not ready to start searching for a new stylist. Let's just say, for the few people that are sad I moved, I'm feeling the same way for my girl. I get it, I totally get it!
8 comments:
LOL Good luck with your hair. I have an apt. today and cant wait.
What a great looking bird. ;) The kids must of loved it.
Oh Melanie! I love your post! I feel the same way lots of times, like with the cat. I love that cat, and yet, the cat is annoying. Funny.
Thanks for posting! I love getting to hear how you and the kids are settling in.
That's a pretty rad shot. Not too many people make good friends with Bald Eagles. Miss you!
what a great picture, :)
So glad to hear you are settling in. I feel your hair pain, my girl just moved to Cali and I am SOO sad.
Such a cool picture of the eagle.
That is really cool you had a bald eagle out side your house!
I actually like the white sky in this shot.
Post a Comment