Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today

  • All I want to do today is climb back in bed and sleep. I woke up with a headache, it's rainy and gloomy outside and my motivation is gone.
  • Reed keeps asking me to sit on the couch and watch a movie with him. I keep getting up, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep and not get Dane from school.
  • I can't wait for school to get out. I'm so sick of all the papers coming home. None of them cute or important.
  • I want to make one of these Bored Boxes for the summer. I'm sure it's not a perfect solution but if it saves me from yelling more than once, I'll call it a success.
  • Milo's having surgery on his knee next Tuesday.
  • We need to make the weekend fun before the 6 weeks of crutches set in. Heaven help me.
  • We have a robin's nest in our backyard with 4 eggs in it. It's really hard to get to and this is the best angle I could get but don't you just love the color of robin eggs? Their mom is one skittish bird, Milo was on the lookout for her while I took this. She scares me when she dive bombs towards her nest. The kids keep watching for little birds, I hope they haven't scared the mother away for good. Kat is especially curious with her love for the animal kingdom.
  • Kat's latest funny. She asked to have her hair cut short (yeah, yeah) and while I cut it she chattered nonstop. Milo had taken the boys to a Fathers/Sons breakfast and she said it's nice he would do that to spend time with the boys. Then from that statement she tells me many males in the animal kingdom will kill their young so they can spend more time with the female. I died laughing. Complimenting daddy in one breath and talking about male animals killing their young in the next. Funny girl.
  • Reed tattles all the time, on anyone. If he bumps his head on something or gets hurt he says, 'Dane did it'. I answer back, 'Dane's at school.'. And half a second later, 'Nate did it.' Just this morning he tattled on our babysitter. He's full of it.
  • I finally ripped this off my calendar from Mother's Day. I just liked the daily reminder it gave me. I think I'll tape it to the fridge.
  • As I finish this post, it's sunny outside. Great, now what's my excuse for no motivation?

11 comments:

donna said...

i had a hard time getting up today as well.PMS NOT fun. I wish i could of stayed in bed , But i needed to home-school Jakob and CLEAN.
Well the sun is out NOW and I HOPE it stays out,

So sorry about Milo .

Holly said...

I am laughing out loud at Kat's story! She is a funny one! It was so nice to see you last weekend! Hang in there...school is SOO close to being out. HOORAY!

Brenda said...

Sorry about the headache. FYI take an excedrin with a coke. Works everytime (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the caffiene). I feel your pain with the disabled husband. We have two and a half more weeks with the cast and then 6 more with a splint. I'm so over him not being able to do dishes, or button his shirt...or zip his fly for that matter, although, I think he's faking that one.

Barb said...

That's a great link to Common Cents Home. I'm going to go explore it a little more.

Heather said...

I am so ready for no more homework or early mornings! Hopefully the sun will shine for you tomorrow! I had to laugh at the bird story. One of my biggest fears is diving birds. I wouldn't have ever attempted the photo of the nest. you are much braver than me :)

Jill said...

I hate waking up with a headache! It wrecks my whole day.

Sometimes I have to set the timer to remind me to pick up the kids.

6 weeks of crutches in the summer is too cruel!

How exciting to have a robin's nest so closeby. I hope the mom doesn't abandon them.

Reed's tattling sounds adorably amusing.

Korbi said...

A Mountain Dew a day keeps headaches at bay....

Lucy said...

Weather is a big factor in my motivation level as well.

School is out for us tomorrow! I am ready for a more relaxed schedule and less driving around.

good luck with the convalescence. I don't envy you that.

Shaila Lou said...

Love the nest pic! Kathryn's way of thinking is hilarious! Sorry you had a rough start to a dreary day! Hope the second half is better! I hope everything goes well for Milo! Let me know if I can do anything for you! Or if I need to ce entertain Milo, I can do that too! He really enjoys my singing and foot tapping!

becca said...

Oh Melanie! What a crack up Kat is! I want to see pictures of her cute haircut!

Surgery is always a little scary (and recovery no fun) but I am sure it will be SO worth it!!

Melinda said...

Maybe it's the age about the tattling. Ry does it all the time and he tells me that people in the ward hit him and are mean to him. He has no contact with these people and I am scared he might tell the wrong person and get someone in trouble.

I hope your headache has gotten better.