Friday, June 11, 2010

First Day...Last Day

In 9 months they've gone from this to....

this. Smarter. Taller. Older. Paler. Funnier. More teeth/less teeth. Two with glasses. One more baptized member of the family (Nate in Dec). Each of them well adjusted. They've taken this move so well, I've been so proud of their ability to adapt and accept a new zip code in no time at all. Right here it shows how much goes on in 9 months, how much older they look and how I don't really care what outfits they wear (I know the boys don't really match but Nate tells me as a boy, he's not supposed to). Great job on the the school year kids, I love you.

One more with Buddy in his favorite 'ball jammies'. He loves these guys so much and can't wait for them to come home every day. Time will tell if he's ready to send them back to school come August, ha.

Can't believe it's onto 1st, 3rd & 4th grade. Crazy!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Wow- they really did grow taller. I need to do a picture like that so I can see how much they've grown. You are an awesome mom Melanie! Have a great summer with the kiddos! Love you guys :)

donna said...

Wow, they have grown up a lot.

Melinda said...

They really have grown up so much. So sad to see the changes.

Jill said...

It's crazy how much kids grow in that amount of time. I don't know why I continue to be shocked by it, but I am.

Heidi said...

You are always good to document the beginning and end of things, esp their school years. I need to remember to do that. Growing up I always had pics at the beginning of our school year, but I like how you do the one's at the end too. I can't believe how tall Kathryn has gotten! She is looking so grown up to me. Good luck with summer break!!!

Lucy said...

I have got to start doing this. The contrast is so obvious. I love it! Happy summer!!!

Holly said...

Wow! They do look taller, wiser, and more mature! Isn't it amazing to see it in pictures? Ahhh....it all just goes too fast! What a good looking bunch you have!

Carolyn said...

Wow, they are so old! I can't even believe it. Good work on another year, Kids!

Granny DeeAnn said...

It's unreal how fast they grow. Can't wait to spend some summer days with them...... Great job kids! 3rd, 4th and a 1st grader. Yikes

becca said...

Wow! What a difference 9 months can make! They do look older and smarter :)

I love the picture in your last post. Your hair has gotten so long and I just love it! You are so so beautiful!!

And I am glad the surgery went well....but oh can I understand what it is like to play nurse :)!! I feel your pain (and your exhaustion :)