I dread dinner time. I have the hardest time even coming up with a meal idea let alone cooking it during the witching hours. I've thought ahead before and just like most things, that really works when I stick with it. And there in lies the problem for me, the sticking with it. I get pretty proud of myself when I cook 4-5 nights a week. The other 2-3 nights we wing it or eat leftovers. I'm so grateful my family doesn't mind leftovers (of most things). One of their favorite nights around the table is when I say, 'Two people can have tacos, one person can have meatloaf, one person can have.....'. Don't judge, the leftovers aren't that old and it cleans out the fridge. Bonus.
Today my friend posted a link on facebook and I love this idea, it's a detailed dinner menu for a new meal every night for eight weeks. I definitely wont start cooking 7 nights a week, there's no reason to make myself insane, but there are so many ideas on here. The 'Moms Who Think' have posted an 8 week menu with a dinner idea and recipe for every single day. They have two different menus, 8 weeks worth of easy dinner recipes and 8 weeks worth of healthy dinner recipes (scroll down below the 'easy dinners menu' for the list of healthy ones). Off the top, I'll probably use the healthy recipes more but there seemed to be some easy recipes that could easily be adapted to what my family likes.Hope this helps with your dinner ideas this summer and somewhat calms the daily storm during witching hours. I'm really going to work on the 'sticking with something' and hope this will help. I like a plan laid out by others, ha. Any other ideas, post them.
6 comments:
Wow, this is fabulous! Thanks for posting it. I am kind of the worst at making dinner...
I've bookmarked this link. 8 weeks is long enough to get me through summer holidays (sob).
thanks!! I will check out the web-side!
I feel exactly the same way and am seriously proud of myself if I make dinner 3 times in one week. The rest of the time we fend for ourselves and have leftovers too. If I were to cook every single night we wouldn't be able to fit it all in the fridge!
I'll have to check it out. One thing my neighbor does (and I sometimes do it too) is write down 7-14 meals and then choose one of those each night to make. She goes shopping every 2 wks to get everything to make the meals on her list. She does fabulous with sticking to it. Me...not so good at planning ahead.
I always love dinner ideas, what a fun site.
Post a Comment