It's been a crazy, whirlwind of a week since I last posted. Seven days has gone so fast.
Milo had his acl surgery done last Tuesday. It went great and he's been a pretty good patient. One night he asked me for something every. single. time. I had already sat down or moved rooms. Even he realized how annoying it was, ha.
Reed is driving me nuts. He's the last to fall asleep and the first to wake up. I've tried shortening naps and/or taking them out all together and so far he's still up too early in the morning and up too late at night.
Dane had an end of the year 'Ladybug Picnic' that I was able to catch the end of. Milo had a follow appt with the surgeon and I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I showed up with enough time left for him to felt like I was there the whole time, whew.
I took photos for my cousin's wedding last Friday. It was stressful and tiring and yet fun and exciting at the same time. I love watching a couple on 'their day'. They are so happy and nothing else matters in the world to them. Wouldn't it be great to go back and watch yourself on that day? (I guess if you had video you could but we don't so I have to imagine I was just as adorable and smiley, ha) This isn't that great of a photo but I wanted to show one of her gorgeous dress. Her new mother in law made it, I just loved the bodice and detail around her waist with such a full skirt. Fit her personality (and body) perfectly.
Baseball ended tonight, yeah.
An offer has finally been accepted on our house. Now it's just the closing of the deal that should take about two weeks from the time they receive the certified funds. This is such a huge, huge blessing. I'm still cautiously optimistic in case anything falls through but I'm very grateful to have gotten this close.
School is out on Friday at noon, another yeah. I get this way every year and look forward to the change of scenery so to speak. To have the mornings be more relaxed, no more packing lunches while making breakfast (I need to rethink that strategy), no more rush to find shoes, backpacks, glasses, and to ditch homework. Can't wait.
Ditto Donna. When do we get to see the rest of Suzi's pictures? Mom told me her dress was amazing...and my mom never lies. Still crossing fingers that the house situation is over and done with SOON!!!
I never understand how or why kids are so weird about sleep. I tend to think they're just so excited to do everything that they don't want to miss anything, but they need to catch on to the deliciousness of sleep!
9 comments:
You need to post more wedding pictures!!!!
Ditto Donna. When do we get to see the rest of Suzi's pictures? Mom told me her dress was amazing...and my mom never lies. Still crossing fingers that the house situation is over and done with SOON!!!
Melanie you look dang good!
You are so positive!!! ALWAYS!!! My husband has had the acl surgeries on both knees I feel for you guys
That's a great picture Mel! Her dress is beautiful and so is she. Great Job! And yeah for school being out!
That is a cute picture of the bride (and yes her dress was amazing- lots of detail). You are amazing to even say yes to take them! :) I'd be nervous.
Cute pic with you and Dane. His spacey smile is cute/funny. I'll trade Kate for Reed! She is driving us nuts. :)
WOw, that dress is beautiful, I can't believe someone made it.
Good luck getting through the rest of the week tills school is out. It is great having that break.
I love the picture of you with Dane. You are so with it; you look great. One week down with the cruches, hope the recovery continues to go well.
I never understand how or why kids are so weird about sleep. I tend to think they're just so excited to do everything that they don't want to miss anything, but they need to catch on to the deliciousness of sleep!
That wedding dress (and photo) are gorgeous!
Post a Comment