Friday, July 02, 2010

Five for Friday- Wrapping up June

1. Can you believe I let Dane swim in this speedo? In public? He found it in a bag of clothes from some older cousins and let me tell you, he loves it. According to him, he swims faster and he looks really cool too. I mentioned that others might think he looks funny and he brushed that off and said no way. What a confident, adorable 6 1/2 year old.

2. We had a girl's night last Friday before Shaila moved to CA and lamely, this is the only photo I took (and it was at the very end of the night too). So disappointing, it was after Leisha went home, sorry Leish! We went to dinner, got Blizzards and worked a little around Shaila's house helping her get ready for the moving van on Monday. I also snuggled sweet niece Nora, oh she's adorable. It was good to hang out together, we definitely didn't do it enough. Isn't that typical though, you wish you'd done more once you can't anymore. Make sense?

3. Tuesday was Jayni's 7th birthday. She's first, Malcolm in a week and Dane in 2 months. How are these three kids already 7 years old??! We met at a splash park to celebrate with a little party. I'm glad the cousins could play together one last time before Shaila's family moved. We are going to miss their whole family so much. Last week I took Malcolm and Quinn plus my four to the pool for 6.5 hours! They played so well together I didn't realize we were there that long. What a great day for them to build memories.

4. On Monday I called my aunt early in the morning and with a bribe of a haircut (she would have done it anyway) she watched the kids for me so I could help Shaila and Marion finish up the odds and ends of loading the moving truck and cleaning the house. We took a load to Goodwill, a memorable load to the dump they wouldn't take because we didn't have a 'card' and all sorts of vacuuming that I loved. The kids were so good, we were gone from home for over 12 hours.

5. Yesterday it became official. We sold our house. I can't believe it. We didn't make a dollar but avoided foreclosure so I'm calling it a success. We've been paying the bills since January hoping this would work out so I guess you could say we lost all that money. In the end though I know it will be worth it so we will be able to buy a home sooner than if we would have had to forclose. I'm so grateful for this blessing and know it's definitely answer to many prayers. We went out for dessert to celebrate and this rainbow ended our night. Such a pretty reminder of our tender mercy.

11 comments:

Heather said...

What a wonderful blessing! So glad you could finally sell the house. Love you guys bunches:)

Jill said...

It's good to see you posting again.

Those swim-team speedos just kill me! That one isn't even bad. My nephew used to wear a tight purple one, and it was so gross I couldn't even look at him!

Congratulations on selling your house, what a blessing and relief!

Kristin said...

I'm glad the house sold and you are done with all that.
When Josh was 8 he was on a swim team where he could either wear a speedo or jammers (like Dane's)--he quicly chose jammers.

Anonymous said...

It's a jammer and my boys would pick it over the speedo ANY DAY when they did swim team. You rock Dane!

Jill said...

Sorry for the anonymous post. It wasn't supposed to do that. Arghh. Anyway I love that Dane is his own person. You know I have one of those too. :) Congrats on selling the house.

donna said...

Congrats on selling your house.

Chandra said...

The house sold. Yay!!!! But wait...does this mean you really aren't coming back? It was not just a bad dream? Boo.

Melinda said...

Congrats on selling your home, but sorry you didn't make a dime. That is too bad but a tender mercy indeed.

That speedo is a crack up. I wish I had half the self confidence my kids have!

Anne said...

I'm FINALLY sending out the CD you requested months ago! I also put something extra in there that related to something I thought I saw on your blog once, but now I can't find the blog entry. So sorry if you get it and say WHAAAAA???

Heidi said...

I meant to tell you yesterday how exciting it was that the house deal DID go through! Yeah!!! That is great news.

Your kids will for sure miss their cousins! And gotta love Dane's confidence, but at least it's not a real speedo- yikes.

Amie said...

WOOHOO! I'm so happy for you guys. Selling that house has to be such a relief. I'm glad it worked out for you guys.