Monday, July 12, 2010

Why and How and What

  • Why am I not blogging and why even more am I not commenting when I still read blogs?
  • Why am I not taking photos, as in hardly any at all?
  • Why have my zucchini squash plants been invaded by 'squash bugs' (don't know their official bug name) when they are the easiest and most prolific plant to grow? Oh and my favorite to eat as well. Still hoping we can save them, they look healthy but the crop is dying. Sad.
  • Why am I feeling more 'homesick' now than I did when school was in and we just moved here? I miss summer in old town.
  • Why does that have to sound whiny when I don't feel whiny about it? I like it here, I really do and so do Milo and the kids. It's just a fact about this summer, I miss people....
  • Why do I have to tell the boys 10 times a day (at least!) to keep their hands to themselves?
  • Why in the world do I not want to cook dinner this summer? Ever. Even on the days it's not so hot? Three meals a day for 4 kids is work.
  • How is it July is almost half over?
  • How do I regain my motivation to exercise and stay on track with my eating? I was actually doing it a couple months ago but it's gone into hiding for now.
  • How much longer do I have to wait for my niece to be born? I want to hold a newborn already, I just love them. Hopefully soon, her last baby was 10 days early. She's due the 30th, I think, so next week would be great. Good for you Heidi?
  • What in the world would I do without my family? Milo. The kids. The parents. The cousins. All of them, I know they love me. I love them too, so much.
  • What am I going to do with the kids this week with all the neighbor kids gone on vacation? Really, all of them! It's big job entertaining these kids. The neighbor kids do a better job than I do. I so miss them; they play puppets, Wii, ride bikes and all sorts of other kid play I struggle with.
  • What else? I can't remember now, so typical.

17 comments:

natemann said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! I wish we could get together I think I would laugh the whole time!!!!

donna said...

When i get back from girls camp, you need to come over to swim..

::lindsay said...

We have squash bugs too. It stinks cuz all the zucchini is dying!

Who wants to make dinner in the summer?! Yuck!

The reason you miss ML is because there is no aquatic center here. We so need one badly!!!!

Plus, I'm sure that while you like it here, there's just something about being around people who really "know" you and you can just "be"--you know what I mean?

Kristin said...

You are lucky to have a fun neighborhood. I miss that about our previous home. I don't want to cook either, we had pizza last night.

marcalicious said...

you must be pregnant.... ;)

melanie said...

Jenn, I have to get to Vegas and see you. I'd be laughing too!

Yes, Lindsay! That's exactly it, I like to 'be'. Plus the aquatic center, I really miss it.

Marci, hahahahaha. No, not pregnant. It's really just OLD age!! You are funny though, it's been too long since I've seen you. You make me laugh.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Oh no.... You are your mother's daughter! lol

Amie said...

We just sprayed for squash bugs. Hate those things!

I get it. Blah Blah Blah. I get sick of myself but don't know how to snap out of it all the time.

A new niece will fix it all....

Jill said...

Summer is such a great time for taking photos, everything is so colorful and happy. Maybe you need to walk around specifically taking pictures of summery things to help you snap out of it.

I hate cooking dinner any time, but especially in the summer! It feels like kids are bottomless pits.

Chandra said...

I MISS YOU! Guess we are both homesick for you to be here.

Heidi said...

Ha ha! We'll see how soon Lindsey comes. I still think she's easier inside than out! I need you to live closer (or vice versa) to hold this little newborn once she comes. ;)

Ditto on a lot of things. I need to make my own list! It was fun to read. You better not let that zucchini die or your Mom will be sad! She's probably wanting fried zucchini when she's up here.

becca said...

Love this post.

I think you hit the nail on the head...I have been DREADING making dinners everyday this summer but I think you figured it out...BECAUSE I am making food all day long!! Just when one mess gets cleaned its time for another meal!

Melinda said...

I am feeling so many of these same thoughts! It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Laurie said...

It helps to hear that you have to tell your boys to keep hands to themselves 10 times a day. For me it's more like 25-50, but it helps to know I'm not alone!

It's definitely a huge job entertaining these kids!

Kortni said...

Here's my Why question..."WHY DO GOOD FRIENDS ALWAYS MOVE AWAY??"
My kids are gone next week, up for an afternoon red robin visit? I know your mom is coming though, call me!!

Kelley Gubler said...

wow...so many of those questions i am asking myself too. i'm calling it "summer-itis". something happens that just makes us want to SHUN our normal routine.

Korbi said...

Why do I have to tell my boy repeatedly that his hands don't belong "down there?"