~Heidi had her baby on the 4th, she's just adorable and is so filled out. I love her back rolls and big thighs, she's only 4 days old here. We set up a little photo shoot, snapped a few while she was sleeping and the next day I made her an announcement. That was far from boring, there's nothing better than a sweet newborn.~My mom stayed in Seattle for the week and while we was gone, I caught up on lots of hair appointments and we finished out swimming lessons. This past Saturday we met up at 'Grandma Vicki's' house (Heidi's mom and what my kids call her) to hang out and bring mom back here to our house.
~Mom kept saying all she wanted was a photo with all the grandkids in it, no matter what they were wearing. Good thing she threw that in there because this was after a couple hours of swimming, colored pop and lunch. They were actually pretty good sports and the 2 boys in diapers crack me up. And speaking of diapers ignore Reed's in the next photo.....
~It's so gross but this photo is just so funny. Vicki has this in her dress up box and he loved to run fast with the cape behind him. For a long day with no nap, he wasn't too bad. He was so worn out he was asleep before we hit the highway and that might be a mile.
~Notice the sling on Dane? Yeah that wasn't a boring day either. It was Monday after taking mom to Seattle and the boys were outside throwing the football around. They stand in one corner and Milo yells hike and they are off cutting around the grass to catch the ball. Dane started chasing someone with the ball and tripped on our uneven grass (thank you previous dogs that lived here) and landed on his left arm that he was holding straight out when he ran. Of course it happened at 7:45 making it an ER visit. Turns out it wasn't broken, just a really bad sprain. He was in so much pain. He wore it wore it wrapped in a hard splint and sling for a week and with a follow up appt, everything seems fine. I was joking to Milo that we should have expected this since he dental bill from the bike accident was paid off now we have another bill. Not good, he heard that and repeated it. Oops!
~Nathan loves babies. He loved watching and holding baby Lindsey. Heidi told him he could help babysit anytime and that made his day. He told me what she said more than once. You can't really tell here but I love that he's putting her binki in upside down.
~Our garden borders on boring most of the time. Our zucchini plants grow one measly zucchini at a time, that's boring for those usually prolific plants. But look at our two carrots, they were fat, like real carrots. They might be a hearty plant, I don't know but I'm surprised we got any at all. You see when I was planting and the packet said 'sow thinly' and the seeds were so small, I actually 'sowed' quite thickly. I've literally thinned hundred of carrots. So to find two carrots looking this big was a surprise and definitely not boring. All the others look like this....
~My mom kept joking there must be something gourmet we could do with these tiny things. Saute them or bread them or glaze them. I think she's been watching too much Food Network, ha. We had a pretty good laugh and I went back out and thinned some more. Next year I hope to have better luck with my garden and I'll definitely 'sow' the carrot seeds much thinner.~More of this month in the next post.
15 comments:
Glad you're having blogging success! Love the liile Lindsay pics. Babies are the sweetest. Glad Dane's arm wasn't anything more. Poor boy! Love your little carrots.
Miss you guys. Tickets are cheap right now, so come watch Eclipse with me. ;) Still haven't seen it!
I'm on my way Lou!
Yay for me!
Nice to catch up with you. I've had to make a concerted effort to blog this month. It just gets away from you:)
Those carrots are adorable and TOTALLY gourmet looking;)
I hear you on the carrots. When you figure out "sow thinly" teach me. I love the picture of Reid with the two mega-ones.
I sure miss you. Thanks for catching us up on the kids.
Oh, I forgot! Heidi's baby is so darling. Congrats to the whole family.
One more thing I forgot. Those announcement photos are just darling.
Where were you when I needed baby announcements Mel? They are soo cute! Man, you guys have had your fair share of accidents lately. NO MORE...you hear me boys! Miss you guys! :0)
Can't wait to see you next week! Have you guys heard of AFLAC?? Your kids might make it worth it!Remind me to tell you of my story..
that picture of Reid in the batman costume if my favorite!! love it.
when does your mom get home I am still planning on checking on her and taking dinner!!!
You really did do a good job making those announcements! Thanks a million!
My Mom loved Reed in that batman cape...he was so funny running around in it.
Good job on blogging again. :) I need to once I get back home.
Poor Dane and his arm! I'm glad your mom is doing better. Aug has been really hard to keep up on blogging. Maybe once school gets back in it will get easier.
Welcome back to blogging Melanie!
The super hero picture of Reed is so cute!
Nathan looks so handsome in that photo with the baby.
Your kids are so dang cute! Wish I could see them more!!
Post a Comment